Last year we really enjoyed the new version of the Extreme Diver 300 (reviewed here) that Alpina released. A great value for the money, it was one of our top pick divers for the year. For 2013, Alpina has added a chronograph into the mix.
Articles | Alpina
Dive watches are one of those categories that just about everyone seems to love, as evidenced by the sheer number that the brands are producing (as well as it being the focus of many micro-brands popping up lately). Alpina just recently introduced two new models to their solid diver lineup.
The Extreme Diver is a watch I am about to gush about. Not totally and unapologetically, but Alpina’s very well-manner timepiece is a product I am going to recommend without much hesitation. The sister brand of Geneva-based Frederique Constant is doing a great job of offering a solid product at a reasonable price…
WTF Alpina? Seriously, is this a joke? Does this watch suffer from hereditary dwarfism? Can you even call a 44mm wide watch a dwarf? Oh, I am sorry, I meant “little watch.” No, the watch is the right size, but the hands, those sad pathetic looking hands, are shrunken at the least. Look at them […]
In honor of a new Alpina sponsorship that I could care less about comes a watch that I do care about. Apparently, this one is the first in a “Sailing Collection” of watches made for … Sailing. This Chronograph model is a regatta timer – a first, I believe, for the Swiss brand. Regatta timers […]
Alpina makes sporty but classic watches. What does that mean, you say? Well, allow me to explain. The design of Alpina watches has always aroused my curiosity. While they hold themselves as makers of “wild, extreme,… Xtreme!” watches, they actually take much more influence from more simple classic timepieces. Which is an interesting concept when […]
2010 is the second year of Alpina being the official timekeeper for the storied 12 Hours of Sebring race in Florida. The manufacturer celebrated this partnership with the production of a limited edition, two-timezone chronograph creatively called the 12 Hours of Sebring Automatic Chrono GMT. The watch is strongly influenced by style elements of race […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- Chopard Mille Miglia 2013 Limited Edition Watches Hands-On December 8, 2013
- Breitling Super Avenger Military Limited Series Watch With 24 Hour Time December 7, 2013
- HourTime Show Watch Podcast Episode 150: A High Rolex December 7, 2013
- A. Lange & Söhne Grand Lange 1 Moon Phase Watch For 2014 Hands-On December 7, 2013
- Garmin D2 Pilot Watch December 6, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW