I am about to review what is essentially a model tank for your wrist that tells the time. The Azimuth SP-1 Landship is a whimsical watch not meant to replace a daily wear, but an interesting part of the larger watch universe that takes into consideration the distinct “hobbyist” form that watch collecting can take.
Articles | Azimuth
The Azimuth SP-1 Landship tank watch gets a new limited edition set of watches in full battle paint… called the “Battle Tank” collection. A set of six new watches from the brand have been given special paint jobs in honor of historic tanks (as described below). We have an aBlogtoWatch hands-on review of an SP-1 Landship watch coming soon, but in the meantime you can check out these interesting versions painted up like enthusiast WWII tank models.
We’d like to congratulate Ron M. from British Columbia, Canada who was the lucky winner of the Azimuth Bombardier VI watch that we gave away last month on aBlogtoWatch. This month we have an equally exciting giveaway with the Delma Santiago Blue Shark diver.
Just a few more days to enter the popular Azimuth Bombardier VI mechanical watch with vintage movement giveaway right here on aBlogtoWatch.
We are very excited to offer one of the limited edition Azimuth Bombardier watches to the lucky winner of this month’s aBlogtoWatch Giveaway…
When you call a watch a “tank” it can mean a few things. It can first mean a sort of square cased watch done in the style of Cartier Tank timepieces. That is not this watch. It can also mean a larger watch that is durable and can take a lot of abuse. That may […]
I have to admit that I always wanted one of these Mr. Roboto watches from Azimuth. As part of their Mecha collection this large tonneau shaped watch had some interesting complications and was 100% thematically in honor of vintage wind-up robot toys. Prototype designs of the watch has a normal crown, but when it was […]
I really like a lot of what Azimuth does (even though some of it is really weird), and their functional pieces are pretty great as well – including these watches here. But most of the new Xtreme-1 collection watch have the name of “Sea Hum.” Who OKed that name? It sounds like a bad sailor’s […]
Here is a great watch for those who like a something that is highly functional and will turn heads. This watch certainly gets that “Let me see that” gawk from most people, yet it is deceptively simple. The history of watches and gauges are closely related. Both are measuring instruments which require legibility and precision. […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- Roger Smith “GREAT Britain” Watch Specially Made For Prime Minister David Cameron December 12, 2013
- Romain Jerome Skylab Spaceage Skeleton Watch December 12, 2013
- L. Leroy Osmior Tourbillon Regulateur Automatique Watches Hands-On December 12, 2013
- Buben & Zorweg Time Mover Handwound, An Automatic Watch Winder For Handwound Watches December 11, 2013
- Calibre de Cartier Chronograph Watch Hands-On December 11, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW