In addition to Tissot, Certina offers nicely designed Swiss watches are affordable prices, and is part of the Swatch Group. While not as common in the US, there are some real nice Certina timepieces that should be considered when looking for a decently priced quartz watch. Though there are mechanical Certina watches available as well. […]
Articles | Certina
Last year Basel saw the Certina DS 1 release to a lot of happy watch lovers. It was a entry level priced handsome watch with the build quality and parts that the Swatch Group is able to provide (usually pretty good). Quality is a bit up from Hamilton, another Swatch Group brand. The standard DS […]
Certina has been in the business of making outstanding Swiss watches since 1888. Now into its 120th year of enterprise the company has remained true to its vision of innovation and excellence. Even after all this time the watchmaking ethos of the company can be expressed in three key words: style, reliability and precision. This […]
The Certina brand is undergoing a revival under leadership by the Swatch Group. Once, a maker of serious adventure and sport watches, Certina flew under the radar for a while before the watch industry made a large comeback in the 1990s. In the US, Certina watches are very rare. Most not even being sold here, […]
Here is an interesting and rare find that will likely appeal to collectors of dictator paraphernalia. A Certina brand watch with a happy little picture of the now dead former Iraq leader Saddam Hussein. The Certina brand is controlled by the powerful Swatch Group who is now using Certina as a means of releasing classically […]
I know the first think you see when you look at the new Certina DS-1 is the Tag Heuer Carrera. Yes the hands and face look devilishly similar, and the bracelet might as well being out the Tag Heuer parts bin, not that the Certina has anything to do with Tag Heuer, corporately speaking that […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Aqualand BJ2128-05E Depth Meter Watch Review December 9, 2013
- My First Grail Watch: Magnus Michelsen Of Michelsen Iceland December 8, 2013
- Chopard Mille Miglia 2013 Limited Edition Watches Hands-On December 8, 2013
- Breitling Super Avenger Military Limited Series Watch With 24 Hour Time December 7, 2013
- HourTime Show Watch Podcast Episode 150: A High Rolex December 7, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW