One of the new Devon watches for 2013 to be presented at Baselworld will be this Exoskeleton version of the Tread 1 (reviewed here). This will be Devon’s highest-end watch to date.
Articles | Devon
I am pleased that Scott Devon considers my opinion valuable enough to run designs by me and ask me questions about the future of his rather cool high-end electromechanical watch brand.
2012 sees the release of the special limited edition “Steampunk” version of the Tread 1, and I am happy to offer this exclusive review and first ever hands-on look at it. It is Devon’s answer to an artsier version of a mechanical art watch, and it is something which I am happy they decided to make.
Destined for near future production, is the Devon Steampunk Tread 1 watch. According to Scott Devon, they wanted to play with steampunk ideas for the Tread 1 as a design study. The customer reaction was so good that production is being fast tracked. This of course is the steampunk styled version of the original Devon […]
About two years ago the watch world was greeted with a strange announcement that Scott Devon was building a $15,000 (now a bit more expensive) electro-mechanical wrist watch in California. For the most part the Swiss and other Europeans dismissed the news and went on with their lives. Then the Tread 1 watch came out. […]
In a few weeks California-based Devon will unveil the follow-up version to their now famous Devon Tread 1 watch. It was originally explained to me that the Tread 2 watch would be a more simple and inexpensive model. It looks as though a lot of that has changed, but what I do think is still […]
California-based Devon watches will release two new versions of their popular Tread 1 timepieces. The new models will be called the Tread 1E and the Tread 1F. These pieces are the same as the Tread 1 but use more DLC black coating as well as orange color for the 1F. To learn more about the […]
Scott Devon sure shook up the high-end watch world when people got word of the Tread 1. Divorced from all the “tradition” in Switzerland, this California made watch relies instead on suppliers to outfit the aerospace industry…
Here it is, hands-on coverage with a close to final production ready prototype of the highly anticipated Devon Tread 1 watch. While it tells the time and is a luxury item, the Devon Tread 1 shares very little with the rest of the high-end watch world. Despite the fact that it has plenty of moving […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- Roger Smith “GREAT Britain” Watch Specially Made For Prime Minister David Cameron December 12, 2013
- Romain Jerome Skylab Spaceage Skeleton Watch December 12, 2013
- L. Leroy Osmior Tourbillon Regulateur Automatique Watches Hands-On December 12, 2013
- Buben & Zorweg Time Mover Handwound, An Automatic Watch Winder For Handwound Watches December 11, 2013
- Calibre de Cartier Chronograph Watch Hands-On December 11, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW