This new watch from Edox ain’t half bad, however, it just might irritate Audemars Piguet with the Chrono-offshore name. I know it is supposed to be Chronoffshore but I want it to have an extra “o” so badly. Edox has been playing with their chronograph sport pieces for a while – some really hit and […]
Articles | Edox
For 2010, two of Edox’s new models are meant for people who wish to measure speed. Dedicated to the World Rally Championship (WRC), these two quartz movement based watches look a lot like sophisticated modern stopwatches that go on your wrist. Just look at the large red chronograph pusher. Very serious looking instrument like pushers… […]
I am happy to present you with this reader submitted review of the Edox Grand Ocean Automatic Chronograph watch. Please thank Erwin V. for not only taking the time to photograph the watch and write his thoughts about it, but also in having the passion to share his perceptions with the aBlogtoRead.com reader community. The […]
Here is another new Edox watch for 2009, the Grand Ocean Decentrique Date Automatic. If you aren’t sure about the “decentrique” part of the name, just see how the face itself is “decentered.” Yes, putting the suffix “ique” on just about anything gives you the ability to charge a 10-20% premium when selling it. Its […]
Things have been quiet from Edox for a while, and suddenly they present a few new models. The brand has been crawling upmarket as of late, with the pictured recent addition to the line priced at over $5,000. This is the new Edox Grand Ocean Jumping Hour, and it takes full advantage of the brand’s […]
I fondly mentioned the Edox Classe Royale line of watches before, but since then have garnered new appreciation for the line. Though I retain my previous positive sentiments regarding the impressive symmetry of the watch. The design has a distinct appeal that transcends among many different watch lovers. It is hard to dispute with the […]
In watch terminology a “tank” is a square shaped watch. Strictly speaking, it was a name given to a rectangular Cartier watch, but has been applied to square along with rectangular watches. Square watches are a contradiction, because an analog clock is round, and you have stick a circle in a square. Tank watches are […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- SalonQP 2013: A Most Personal Exhibition Of Fine Watches, Remarkable Brands And Astoundingly Difficult Crafts December 5, 2013
- Are You A Time Lord? OWC Watch Honors Doctor Who December 4, 2013
- Tutima Patria Watch Hands-On December 4, 2013
- Stockinger Luxury Watch Winder Cabinets & BRABUS SV12 Safe December 3, 2013
- The Mk II Fulcrum “American Milsub” Dive Watch December 3, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW