It is with possible envy that fellow boutique watch makers view Ernst Benz’s relationship with fashion designer John Varvatos. A relationship that has evolved into John himself configuring limited edition dual-branded timepieces that are sold exclusively in John Varvatos clothing boutiques.
Articles | Ernst Benz
Ernst Benz as a brand is many things – with an interesting assortment of watches and celebrity relationships…
Want a good watch that will satisfy you like chicken soup for the watch lover’s soul and also give your fashion lover friend a hard-on like a pair of high-end designer jeans does? Look no further than a limited edition Ernst Benz John Varvatos Chronoscope limited edition timepiece. I previously wrote about these timepieces here. […]
I really loved getting this e-mail. It makes sense too. A watch company using daylight saving time (DST) as a reason to send out an piece of marketing e-mail. You’d think more watch companies would do this. I don’t really have many people reminding me to do this, and with the new times for DST […]
I recently wrote about chef Mario Batali and the special Ernst Benz Chronoscope for in his honor/image. A lot of people felt very strongly about it. Some people liked it, some people didn’t, but most sorta voiced a general dissent of Mario Batali himself. Well, the man does use lots of butter and oil in […]
When I think of Food Network Chef Mario Batali, I think “big and orange,” which is a lot like the special Ernst Benz Mario Batali watches. I also keep hearing him scream “Parmigiano Reggiano” in my head. Hence the blocks of Parmesan cheese. See, it all goes to together. Haven’t watched an episode of Molto […]
This was easily one of my favorite watches of JCK Las Vegas and my current favorite Ernst Benz watch. I consider this to sort of be a Rolex Explorer II on steroids, the 47mm wide steel case size might have a bit to do with that. Of course the style is similar to the Explorer […]
Ernst Benz is like an estranged cousin of Panerai with little bloodline connection. It makes a heap of really large watches with “instrumental” appeal, but unlike Panerai, the watches typically suffer from being appropriate without being very unique. Oh, and they are overpriced, in my opinion. The newest from Ernst Benz is the new ChronoDiver […]
Typically speaking I am not a huge fan of anything that Mario Batali (or other Food Network chefs) promotes. The large, overly orange man is one of several “brand ambassadors” of Swiss Ernst Benz watches. Accordingly, Ernst Benz also offers a large, overly orange version of its popular Valjoux 7750 based watch named the Chronoscope, […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- Buben & Zorweg Time Mover Handwound, An Automatic Watch Winder For Handwound Watches December 11, 2013
- Calibre de Cartier Chronograph Watch Hands-On December 11, 2013
- Shinola Launches “Great Americans Series” With Wright Brothers Limited Edition Watch & Bicycle December 10, 2013
- La Chronométrie Ferdinand Berthoud Will Be New Luxury Watch Brand From Chopard In 2014 December 10, 2013
- Piaget Altiplano 38mm 900P Is Newest World’s Thinnest Mechanical Watch At 3.65mm December 10, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW