Several years ago, Glashutte Original released a 1960s inspired watch called the Senator Sixties. It was controversial at the time, and personally I wasn’t all that into it. My feelings probably hinged on the fact that it wasn’t the type of watch I expected from the brand. Though after some revisions I’ve come around and find the most modern interpretation of the Senator Sixties (the Panorama Date) genuinely cool. It still isn’t what I consider “classic Glashutte Original,” but I genuinely like it.
Articles | Glashutte Original
It certainly isn’t anything revolutionary, but for 2013 one of the new Glashutte Original watches will be this attractive Senator Panorama Date. A simplified version of the Senator with a basic three-hand movement and big date indicator as part of the Glashutte Original GO 100-03 automatic movement.
What exactly is a Cosmopolite? A “Grande” one at that? You may find out… In 2012 at Baselworld I was excited about my forthcoming meeting with Glashutte Original. The (probably) under-appreciated Swatch Group-owned brand makes some fantastic watches.
The funkiest straightforward tourbillon watch for 2011 might just be this limited edition Sixties Square Tourbillon from Glashutte Original. The 41mm by 41mm wide square cushion style watch case is great looking and the execution of the flying tourbillon just seems like a nice icing on the cake afterthought. It is as though the entire […]
Another Glashutte Original watch that I was more than happy to play with this year was the new version of the Senator Perpetual Calendar watch. The movement inside the watch nor the name of this timepiece is new – but the new piece is a real gem. For 2011 the size of the watch as […]
One of the biggest reasons that the Rolex Submariner is the popular icon that it is, has to do with its ability to seamlessly go from sport to serious, and from casual to corporate. This gives it the ability to be worn in almost every occasion, but when it comes down to it, for most […]
When I first noticed the Sport Evolution watch collection a few years ago I felt as though it was Glashutte Original’s take on making a fancier Rolex Submariner…
New from Glashutte Original for 2010 is the Senator Diary watch.What is it? Basically a mechanical alarm watch that can be set up to 31 days in the future as opposed to “tomorrow.” It has an in-house made automatic movement with the time, date, and the unique alarm complication. What is the “diary” part of […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- Roger Smith “GREAT Britain” Watch Specially Made For Prime Minister David Cameron December 12, 2013
- Romain Jerome Skylab Spaceage Skeleton Watch December 12, 2013
- L. Leroy Osmior Tourbillon Regulateur Automatique Watches Hands-On December 12, 2013
- Buben & Zorweg Time Mover Handwound, An Automatic Watch Winder For Handwound Watches December 11, 2013
- Calibre de Cartier Chronograph Watch Hands-On December 11, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW