If you found the original Greubel Forsey Tourbillon 24 Secondes Contemporain and its blue dial too striking and flashy, you would be pleased to know that the company has released a new version with a more sombre-looking dial.
Articles | Greubel Forsey
You are looking at what I believe is the very first Greubel Forsey timepiece released without a tourbillon. For a brand so focused on producing timepieces with multiple tourbillons, and tourbillons within tourbillons, it oddly shocked me to see a Greubel Forsey timepiece lacking what I felt was their iconic complication…
If there is anything that this industry has done to me, it is give me an incredibly skewed perception of wealth. I’ve lately realized that I have a very poor notion of “affordable” and “normal.” When you notice that an entry level mechanical timepiece that you’d hesitantly give to your father hoping he wouldn’t think it is too simple…
Depending on how you look at it, this is either the least weird Greubel Forsey watch or the most weird Greubel Forsey watch. It could be the least weird because people who like traditional watches aren’t used to seeing all the open mechanical work right there on the dial. Most people familiar with Greubel Forsey however want all that mechanical stuff viewable on the dial.
Very soon ultra high-end watch maker Greubel Forsey will begin to fully release a new limited edition of watches made in participation with micro-sculptor artist Willard Wigan.
Call this GF watch “ol’ blue eye” like I did and you are sure to gain points with the brand. They call it “magic.” We can both refer to it as Royal Blue – and beautiful. While not the most technically complex new Greubel Forsey watch of 2012, this one is probably the prettiest. It […]
Just so you know, the cheaper version of this watch costs over $700,000. Well over $700,000…. and there is the platinum version… I might just nickname this watch the “PhD degree times six.” That sounds about right. After skipping over the Invention Piece number 2 the first time around and going straight to the Invention […]
In platinum, the watch case and dial of this Greubel Forsey Tourbillon 24 Secondes (yes, spelled like that) watch feel as though they were milled from a solid piece of the precious metal. There is so much platinum in this watch – it boggles the mind. Actually, the the dial, markers, and hands are in […]
The first thing you will notice when checking out this watch is the text all over the dial – at least that is the first thing I notice. This is some sort of secret message written in “billionaire tongue” from Mr. Greubel and Mr. Forsey to buyers of the limited edition Invention Piece 3 watch. […]
Here is some hands-on treatment of my favorite Greubel Forsey watch. I was happy to spend some wrist time with the Double Tourbillon Technique timepiece last month. About half a million dollars was on my wrist (retail is about $470,000), and it felt pretty darn good. I wrote about this watch on Luxist a while […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- Shinola Launches “Great Americans Series” With Wright Brothers Limited Edition Watch & Bicycle December 10, 2013
- La Chronométrie Ferdinand Berthoud Will Be New Luxury Watch Brand From Chopard In 2014 December 10, 2013
- Piaget Altiplano 38mm 900P Is Newest World’s Thinnest Mechanical Watch At 3.65mm December 10, 2013
- Hublot’s Miami Heat Partnership December 9, 2013
- Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Aqualand BJ2128-05E Depth Meter Watch Review December 9, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW