Helson is one of those brands that I’ve often viewed from afar – I’ve been well aware of them and the love their products have gotten from various watch forums. I say from afar, as I’ve not had the chance to review any of their seemingly excellent lineup. Today, though, we’ll kill two birds with one stone – I’ve got my first hands-on review of a Helson model, and it also happens to be the first bronze watch I’ve had on my wrist this year.
Articles | Helson
This is the Helson Shark Diver 40mm, and my favorite Helson yet…
This is a new model from Helson, the Titanium Gauge, and we have an exclusive first review . This one takes the cool look of their 3500m gauge, scales it down to a mere 1000m, and goes to a full titanium case for a more wearable design. Let’s take a look. Titanium case with helium escape […]
This is the Helson Shark Diver 42mm. A more purposeful and less whimsical design than the Blackbeard and chronograph reviewed here, the Shark Diver is a solid dive watch. Basic specifications: Available in black, blue or white dial, in white, orange or blue hands and markers. Two movements: ETA 2824 at $699, or Miyota 9015 […]
If you like your watches whimsical and yet robust, the Helson Blackbeard chronograph might just make your day. As a followup to our white-dial Blackbeard review, Helson graciously agreed to loan us their sibling chronograph model for review. Based around the ETA/Valjoux 7750, perhaps the most popular automatic chronograph movement ever made, the watch has […]
When I saw the announcement for this watch I knew I had to review it. A cool indie diver from Helson with an embossed Jolly Roger on the dial? Awesome. Done in the style of the vintage Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (the bezel especially), the Blackbeard is thoroughly modern in execution: ETA 2824 movement, water resistant […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- Garmin D2 Pilot Watch December 6, 2013
- BEST FROM: aBlogtoWatch & Friends December 6, 2013 December 6, 2013
- Citizen Women’s World Time A-T Watch Review: Good Enough For A Man? December 6, 2013
- Watch Winner Announced: Maurice Lacroix Pontos S Chronograph December 5, 2013
- SalonQP 2013: A Most Personal Exhibition Of Fine Watches, Remarkable Brands And Astoundingly Difficult Crafts December 5, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW