Our meeting with HYT watches is very early on the first day of Baselworld 2013. We arrive at the HYT brand booth before it is totally set up. People around us are putting up displays and arranging neighboring booths in anticipation of 2013′s crowd of press, buyers, and the public. HYT CEO Vincent Perriard is…
Articles | HYT
The Hydromechanical Horologists, aka HYT, have finally released their second watch model after the explosively popular H1 from last year. The new watch is the H2, and breaks new ground in terms of mechanical and visual interest versus merely adding a new complication.
No doubt there will be a part 2 and maybe 3 of the teasers that will lead up to the HYT release of their second watch, the H2. Last year the “Hydromechanical Horologists” led up to the eventual release of the H1 timepiece by teasing us with bits and pieces. So here is the HYT Caliber 201 manually wound movement that will once again use liquid indicators to help show the time – and other complications.
The much anticipated and highly fawned over HYT H1 Hydro Mechanical watch is now shipping to retailers globally. Just the fact that HYT is telling us this is a good sign. Why? Well when we go to shows liked Baselworld to see new products, they are often prototypes or pre-production models.
It was crowded at HYT during the press conference. Lots of people went to hear Vincent Perriard discuss the inner workings of the H1, the new watch from his new brand called HYT. Teased for months and then recently debuted, the HYT is a high-end geek watch that aims to combine traditional mechanical watches and […]
Allow me to officially debut liquid timekeeping to you. I teased the HYT H1 watch here recently by showing off the movement and the teaser video (more images there too). Now I can show you the full watch and discuss all that it is. In short, the HYT (Hydro Mechanical Horologists) brand will be dedicated […]
New high-end watch brand HYT is coming in 2012. I don’t much except that the watch(es) will somehow incorporate liquid – green, possibly luminescent, liquid. One of the brand’s principles is Vincent Perriard. Formerly CEO of Concord and then TechnoMarine. Perriard has been working quietly on HYT for a while now. In my opinion Perriard […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- Buben & Zorweg Time Mover Handwound, An Automatic Watch Winder For Handwound Watches December 11, 2013
- Calibre de Cartier Chronograph Watch Hands-On December 11, 2013
- Shinola Launches “Great Americans Series” With Wright Brothers Limited Edition Watch & Bicycle December 10, 2013
- La Chronométrie Ferdinand Berthoud Will Be New Luxury Watch Brand From Chopard In 2014 December 10, 2013
- Piaget Altiplano 38mm 900P Is Newest World’s Thinnest Mechanical Watch At 3.65mm December 10, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW