Marc Newson offers a rare interview discussing his career designing watches with Dezeen. In the video Newson offers some interesting details that many people might not be aware of. Newson started to design watches and clocks back in the 1980s.
Articles | Ikepod
Watch brand Ikepod has teamed up with New York City-based artist KAWS for a special edition high-end watch. Based on the Ikepod Horizon designed by Marc Newson, the Ikepod Horizon KAWS was designed to integrate the well-known pop artist’s signature aesthetic. KAWS’ real name is Brian Donnelly, and is best known for his cartoonish art […]
Ikepod timepieces have been around since I started getting into watches about a decade ago. An elusive brand, seeing these watches in person isn’t all that common. The brand has had its ups and downs but seems to be in good hands at this time. The politics there are interesting as Marc Newson is the […]
For the 2011 Only Watch Auction, Ikepod will offer this one-of-a-kind red version of the Ikepod Hourglass. Looks like it has black microballs and is a stunning piece. Only one will be made and it will be auctioned off in September.
I find it really ironic that an hourglass is a novel concept in the watch industry. When Marc Newson designed Ikepod released the Hourglass last year, I remember thinking “Wait. Is this the only high-end hourglass that you can get?” Yea, I think it is. It is as if the classic timing tool was a […]
Ikepod is designer Marc Newson’s quirky but cool watch brand. From its inception, most of his watches shared the same round bulbous look and had model names like “Hemipode.” The watches are very cool and very hard to come by with extremely limited distribution (only two authorized dealers in the US). Despite their rarity, Ikepod […]
Ikepod is the watch brand behind industrial designer genius Marc Newson (from Australia). Ikepod watches each have a monocoque cases which means that the entire movement and dial are inside one unified piece of metal (for the most part). The look is a hip looking bulbous orb that looks like a “time” capsule on the […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- Roger Smith “GREAT Britain” Watch Specially Made For Prime Minister David Cameron December 12, 2013
- Romain Jerome Skylab Spaceage Skeleton Watch December 12, 2013
- L. Leroy Osmior Tourbillon Regulateur Automatique Watches Hands-On December 12, 2013
- Buben & Zorweg Time Mover Handwound, An Automatic Watch Winder For Handwound Watches December 11, 2013
- Calibre de Cartier Chronograph Watch Hands-On December 11, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW