This Junghans is easily the slimmest watch I’ve reviewed. It laughs at snug cuffs and would rock a tuxedo. A Calatrava for the rest of us…
Articles | Junghans
If you need just one reason to love Germans today let it be this watch by German watch maker Junghans. The Meister Kalendar is one of their more retro looking pieces embodying the spirit of Bauhaus design’s beautiful functionality and the graceful lines of a dress watch. Masterfully composed, the Meister Kalendar hides a few design secrets that makes it so lovely to look at.
Those on a relative budget wanting a nice sport watch should take a good look at the 1972 collection of timepieces from German brand Junghans. Often known for their atomic clock controlled watches, Junghans has an interesting assortment of both modern and vintage inspired quartz or mechanical watches. The 1972 collection takes direction and inspiration […]
This is the Junghans “Meister Handaufzeug” or “Master Handwinding,” a retro and classic dress watch scheduled for release in July of 2012. Based on the ETA/Pesaux 7001 movement, it’s rather slim at 7.3mm thick and 37.7mm wide. The design inspiration is a Junghans models from the 1930s, revamped to celebrate the brands’ 150th anniversary. I think […]
The “Max Bill watch” as it is known is one of the 20th Century’s most famous watch designs. Clearly conceived by designer and architect Max Bill in Switzerland, the watch was a staple of goodness back when it was originally made in the 1960s. Since then you could buy versions of the watch in its […]
The Breitling Aerospace is one of Breitling’s most successful watches. Why? Because it was relatively economical, masculine stylish, and housed Breitling’s Super Quartz movement (thermoline Quartz which is about 20 times more accurate than a standard quartz movement). However, the last iteration of the Aerospace released was a while ago. Close to 10 years. Yes, […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- Buben & Zorweg Time Mover Handwound, An Automatic Watch Winder For Handwound Watches December 11, 2013
- Calibre de Cartier Chronograph Watch Hands-On December 11, 2013
- Shinola Launches “Great Americans Series” With Wright Brothers Limited Edition Watch & Bicycle December 10, 2013
- La Chronométrie Ferdinand Berthoud Will Be New Luxury Watch Brand From Chopard In 2014 December 10, 2013
- Piaget Altiplano 38mm 900P Is Newest World’s Thinnest Mechanical Watch At 3.65mm December 10, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW