The new Avigation Oversize Crown is based on an aviator’s watch produced by them in the 1920s. The most eminent feature of all three models clearly has to be the generously sized onion crown and elongated winding stem.
Articles | Longines
Hands-on aBlogtoWatch review of the Longines Saint-Imier Chronograph watch
This is the Longines Conquest GMT, reference L3.687.4.566. At first glance, it looks like one of many GMTs bearing the ETA 2893 movement, but then you notice that date window. Look at where it is on the dial, all the way at the right edge (so this is something different):
Longines will soon release these two vintage inspired watches that are lovely and affordable examples of classic sport timing timepieces. The watches are the Telemeter Chronograph and Tachymeter Chronograph.
Allow us to introduce the Longines Avigation Type A-7, a new monopusher chronograph with an offset dial design meant to recall Longines’ rich history in aviation watches.
A couple of weekends ago, I had the privilege of attending the 2012 French Open (aka Roland Garros) in Paris, France. The French Open is arguably one of the top two or three professional tennis tournaments in the world (behind Wimbledon and alongside the US Open) and brings the game’s top players to the heart […]
A few years ago in 2007 Longines released its new Master Collection Retrograde watch collection. It was meant to be part of the brand’s 175th anniversary and began to showcase some interesting movements made exclusively for Longines by ETA…
It surprised me to learn that Longines has close to 100 years of history with horse racing. In fact, Longines has a lot of history altogether. Like many historic watch brands still alive today, Longines spent much of its life as a watch movement maker run by engineers. This is an interesting point because, according […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- Watch Winner Announced: Maurice Lacroix Pontos S Chronograph December 5, 2013
- SalonQP 2013: A Most Personal Exhibition Of Fine Watches, Remarkable Brands And Astoundingly Difficult Crafts December 5, 2013
- Are You A Time Lord? OWC Watch Honors Doctor Who December 4, 2013
- Tutima Patria Watch Hands-On December 4, 2013
- Stockinger Luxury Watch Winder Cabinets & BRABUS SV12 Safe December 3, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW