I am sitting here with my Longio Zhuke watch a few months after getting it examining the patina on the case. A modern looking dive watch, rather than being in a typical steel case the Zhuke comes in bronze. The odd material became popular over the last few years for unknown reasons. I think it has something to do with how the case ages quickly, making it look vintage
Articles | Longio
To my knowledge, Longio is one of the only Chinese watch brands trying to push and market their tourbillon watches aggressively. I reviewed one of their Telamon 1000m Tourbillon Dive watches here, and originally discussed Longio Chinese tourbillon watches here. You can find more information about the brand in those articles. Here I would like […]
My first tourbillon. The package was delivered to me and I quickly opened the box to find the Longio case inside. It was a larger presentation box, but that made sense given some of the included accessories…
This is a very fine watch from China. I’ve mostly been exposed to low quality Chinese watches that I think have skewed my perception of what the country in capable of.
Remember the Chinese watch maker Longio? I talked about them here when discussing their first tourbillon watches. I applauded the Hong Kong based watch maker for having the courage to thrust itself in the tourbillon watch market that is dominated by European watch companies that have the process down pretty well. China’s strength is in […]
While many companies won’t like me saying this, a less than announced fact is that many watch makers these days have some or most of their parts made in China (movements often included). Even many high-end watch makers likely have something in the construction of the watch that is of Chinese origin. One exception are […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- Shinola Runwell Chronograph 41mm Watch December 13, 2013
- Lapizta Oryx Watch Review December 13, 2013
- Roger Smith “GREAT Britain” Watch Specially Made For Prime Minister David Cameron December 12, 2013
- Romain Jerome Skylab Spaceage Skeleton Watch December 12, 2013
- L. Leroy Osmior Tourbillon Regulateur Automatique Watches Hands-On December 12, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW