More on the steampunk front! I am happy that this trend isn’t waning away. Entry-level to super high-end watch makers are still dishing out pieces that look like retro futuristic artifacts. Perhaps not in the volume we would like, but we still get some good stuff. Louis Moinet has been doing steampunk Jules Verne homage […]
Articles | Louis Moinet
New from Louis Moinet is the Astralis – a nice tourbillon-based watch that is a bitch to photograph. I swear, it is as though the watch keeps saying to me “I am for private eyes only.” There are going to be only 12 of these in the limited edition so that sort of makes sense? […]
Louis Moinet watches have recently switched distributors here in the US. The former US distributor is selling off much of his personal Louis Moinet watch collection on eBay. There are some great finds and these watches won’t last long. One of the watches includes the above pictured Vertalis Tourbillon, which retails for over $200,000, and […]
Getting a chance to check out and review this watch for a while was really a dream come true. I recall when I wrote about it a while ago here when it was first announced. I knew then that I really wanted to wear one…
Steampunk fans rejoice. This artistic item of display is the new Louis Moinet Vernoscope. Meant to celebrate the popularity of the Louis Moinet Jules Verne Instrument watch collection. I think the watches were a bit of a surprise hit, but they are really cool. And by the way, I have an in-depth review of a […]
You are looking at the one-of-a-kind Meteoris from watch maker Louis Moinet. Meteoris is a set of four watches and this artfully-made mechanical planetarium. The set is for the serious astrological and horological connoisseur. Clearly very expensive, the set has some interesting features that are worth knowing about. Looking at the planetarium it is clear […]
For all intents and purposes this is going to be the flagship iconic Louis Moinet watch, in my opinion. First, the style of the watch goes directly toward what the brand wants you to think of when you see the watches — that being the masterworks and technical drawings of French watch making master Louis […]
Would these watches make Jules Verne proud? Possibly. The unique chronograph watches from recent luxury watch maker Louis Moinet proves that the steampunk genre is alive and well. How do I know? Probably because these watches epitomize the ideal and I love it. Influenced by Jules Verne’s classic 1865 novel “From the Earth to the […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- How The Rolex Submariner Watch Earned Its Place December 18, 2013
- Seiko Astron GPS Solar 2013 Watches Hands-On December 18, 2013
- Conversation With Jerome Lambert, New CEO Of Montblanc December 17, 2013
- Casio Improves Triple Sensor Technology In Pro Trek Collection Watches December 17, 2013
- Zenith Pilot Montre d’Aeronef Type 20 GMT 1903 Watch Celebrates The Wright Brothers December 17, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW