Most Luminox watches contain Swiss quartz movements but that isn’t representative of the entire collection. We quite like mechanical Luminox watches and today we’d like to share a hands-on experience with some pieces in the Luminox Modern Mariner Automatic 6500 series collection.
Articles | Luminox
What you see here are two newer watches in the Luminox Recon collection, as part of their “land” family of timepieces. The Recon series watches are designed around the idea of offering special features for members of a tactical reconnaissance team.
Luminox has announced a new model called the Recon Nav SPC (Navigation Specialist) which offers a feature set that the fifteen-year-old Me would have killed to have for orienteering meets.
The “phantom” watch craze of the last few years had me a bit uneasy. Such watches looked cool a lot of the time, but really sacrificed functionality and practicality in many instances…
After several years of development Luminox was finally able to release what I believe to be the brand’s first serious mechanical dive watch…
The first limited edition watch created as a partnership between Indy Car driver Tony Kanaan and Luminox was such a success that less than a year later another is already out. Instead of just being a watch with a famous racer’s name on it, Kanaan (being a major watch lover), and Luminox worked really closely […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- A. Lange & Söhne Grand Lange 1 Moon Phase Watch For 2014 Hands-On December 7, 2013
- Garmin D2 Pilot Watch December 6, 2013
- BEST FROM: aBlogtoWatch & Friends December 6, 2013 December 6, 2013
- Citizen Women’s World Time A-T Watch Review: Good Enough For A Man? December 6, 2013
- Watch Winner Announced: Maurice Lacroix Pontos S Chronograph December 5, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW