Daniel Dreifuss who owns Zurich-based watch maker Maurice de Mauriac is as manic as he is passionate about timepiece and design. Daniel is a self-proclaimed strap fetishist (which I will second as probably being true), and voraciously continues to add options to what are essentially made-for-you timepieces put together quasi-Lego style in his shop.
Articles | Maurice de Mauriac
Daniel Dreifuss of Maurice de Mauriac in Zurich is as wild about straps as he is watches. Sometimes maybe even MORE excited. The boutique brand’s founder is perpetually in search of exciting new straps, strap makers, and materials. This is a labor of love that has him looking for the finest ways to attach his […]
Zurich-based watch brand Maurice de Mauriac will now begin to offer a special new movement in all of their watches which are built to accept Swiss ETA Valjoux 7750 automatic chronograph movements. Sourced from Concepto (the Jacquet family) the new movements are like super 7750s. The new movements are built on a Valjoux 7750 foundation […]
Here is a little watch porn for you in the form of two new Maurice de Mauriac Chronograph Modern watch styles. I have covered the Chronograph Modern watches before but Maurice de Mauriac keeps coming out with upgrades and new styles. The first one here is a version of the Le Mans 53 in black […]
Get ready for something cool. There are two watches in this article. For the most part they are the same…
“I used to drive a Bentley, but I like this Fiat more. What other car has a turning radius like this? None!” Daniel points this little fact out as he whisks me around Zurich in a very un-Swiss like driving manner. His finesse on the road fits the Italian lineage of the car much better […]
There are different ways to buy a watch. You can order one online, or visit a store in town to get one. You can travel to a far off city to visit a rare brand boutique to see their luxury goods…
A particularly attractive line from Maurice de Mauriac of Zurich is this Moon Chronograph watch collection. It comes in many different versions (see here), but is a pretty clever take on use of a Valjoux 7751 automatic movement. Seen here is the top of the line piece in solid pink gold, but the diversely customizable […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- Roger Smith “GREAT Britain” Watch Specially Made For Prime Minister David Cameron December 12, 2013
- Romain Jerome Skylab Spaceage Skeleton Watch December 12, 2013
- L. Leroy Osmior Tourbillon Regulateur Automatique Watches Hands-On December 12, 2013
- Buben & Zorweg Time Mover Handwound, An Automatic Watch Winder For Handwound Watches December 11, 2013
- Calibre de Cartier Chronograph Watch Hands-On December 11, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW