Thanks to Mark S. from Cleveland, Ohio for a foll0w-up wrist shot and some thoughts on the Nivrel Deep Ocean GMT watch he won back in August here on aBlogtoRead.com. Here are some words from him on the German timepiece:
Articles | Nivrel
Just a couple of more days to enter for a chance to win the beautiful Nivrel Deep Ocean GMT Automatic watch (retail about $1,100). Click here to enter for your chance to win this watch before the end of August.
I’ve always liked German Nivrel’s dive watches. The newest one is the Deep Ocean GMT; a mechanical GMT watch with a elegantly purposeful design. The steel case is 43mm wide with a rotating 24 hour bezel and black dial with easy to read hour markers and hands coated in SuperLumiNova. It isn’t too thick at […]
Nivrel is one of my favorite underdog German watch brands. They do (have done) a wide range of stuff – from hardcore dive watches, to tourbillons, to erotic minute repeaters. I love the variety of their work…
If you look at all the details in this Nivrel watch, you’ll understand why I like it – especially as compared to many of the other minute repeater watches out there. In a nut shell, you have a base ETA Swiss movement that is highly decorated in a highly polished gold case. The dial is […]
We know that tourbillon watches are expensive. The complex little movements are at a premium based on the difficultly of manufacture and the prestige of owning one. The bar has been set pretty high with all variations of multi axis tourbillons and flying tourbillons that give a great view of the action. What ever happened […]
A lot of the time people ask me for advice on buying a watch. Be it for themselves, a loved one, or maybe even a child. I do my best to counsel the, but it is hard to instill the passion I have for watches to someone who is just getting their feet wet in […]
The Nivrel “Sea” watches have always impressed me. They are basic diver watches, with a colorful twist. The chronograph version is the Wild Sea. It comes in standard steel, and PVD steel. This watch is perfect for when you want a classic look, with a bit of an edge. The Wild Sea goes with the […]
It is my firm conviction that each watch collection must have at least one classic diving watch. I am not just talking about a timepiece with a 100 meter or more water resistance, I am talking about that look, with the three link metal bracelet, rotating bezel, and large and bright hour indicator dial. In […]
My fondness for German watch Making is often clear as I make mention to watch makers and designers whose work produces beautiful or utilitarian timepieces. Here we have a rare combined effort of two of Germany’s most exclusive had dedicated watch makers. Nivrel is known for their well-made classically simplistic timepieces which perform their functions […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- Lapizta Oryx Watch Review December 13, 2013
- Roger Smith “GREAT Britain” Watch Specially Made For Prime Minister David Cameron December 12, 2013
- Romain Jerome Skylab Spaceage Skeleton Watch December 12, 2013
- L. Leroy Osmior Tourbillon Regulateur Automatique Watches Hands-On December 12, 2013
- Buben & Zorweg Time Mover Handwound, An Automatic Watch Winder For Handwound Watches December 11, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW