Nixon isn’t a brand that I’ve had too much exposure with in the past. However, once I saw that they had a model featuring a Horween leather strap, I knew this was definitely a model that I needed to check out. Of course, it didn’t hurt that the piece also featured a GMT function, which is one of my favorite complications. I have to say, though, that the first thing that grabbed me about this watch wasn’t so much the specs, or the strap material – it was the name.
Articles | Nixon
Nixon has long been mostly a fashion brand, with bold, oversized designs and quartz movements. (Also good for presidential candidates!) With the launch of their Elite collection, they are moving into mechanical movements and higher prices:
During the 2012 US Presidential election season Republican candidate Mitt Romney has been seen wearing a Nixon watch. Check out more information on what it is and why he is likely wearing it.
Just a few more days to enter for a chance to win your choice of Nixon Steelcat watch. Enter here before July, 2012 is over.
Nixon, the California-based watch brand, wants a lucky aBlogtoRead.com winner to wear a Steelcat timepiece for the rest of the summer. The Steelcat is a large 48mm wide, steel cased watch available in three styles. Inside the watch is a Swiss quartz chronograph movement which also has the date. According to Nixon, the Steelcat is […]
Back at Basel 2010 Nixon showed me a few cool watches I was excited to see. They later asked me to not write about them as they were not going to be released. OK, fine. More than a year later and the watches finally show up, Nixon and the partner seemed to work things out. […]
If you surf, you know that having an idea of what the tides are like is important. Tidal ebbs and wanes guide the size and position of the waves, and you don’t want to waste your time wading in the sea. Tides variation occurs each day and is totally seasonal. In short, it is almost […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- A. Lange & Söhne Grand Lange 1 Moon Phase Watch For 2014 Hands-On December 7, 2013
- Garmin D2 Pilot Watch December 6, 2013
- BEST FROM: aBlogtoWatch & Friends December 6, 2013 December 6, 2013
- Citizen Women’s World Time A-T Watch Review: Good Enough For A Man? December 6, 2013
- Watch Winner Announced: Maurice Lacroix Pontos S Chronograph December 5, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW