In this second segment we will discover what it takes to make a Parmigiani watch by taking the tour of some of the different manufacturing sites…
Articles | Parmigiani
Learn about a brief, yet unique history, see very impressive achievements in high-end watch making and restoration, and finally get the full picture and experience of what being a true manufacture means in practice. All this and more, in this two-part recollection of my time in Switzerland with Parmigiani Fleurier….
A long time ago English watchmakers Vardon and Stedman produced an oval-shaped pocket watch with telescopic hands designed to be properly sized (length) no matter what part of the dial they were pointing to. You see, back then people cared about stuff like proper hand size (ahem…) on dials.
The 14th of May was very special for Parmigiani, who officially celebrated the opening of their stand alone boutique on London’s Mount Street. It also seemed to be the wettest day of the decade going by the rainfall, but no matter, a great day was had by all!
Pretty much any timepiece from Parmigiani Fleurier that has the term “Toric” in the title is going to be spectacular. This watch is the Toric Quaestor Labyrinthe (that I will refer to as merely “Labyrinthe”), a limited edition of five piece set for 2013. These pieces rank toward the top of the Parmigiani wrist watch ladder.
I presume the above watch (update: called the Parmigiani Ovale I believe) will be officially released very soon (SIHH 2012 at the latest). It will actually be unveiled (not sure in its complete form) at a special “Mechanical Wonders” exhibition Parmigiani is involved in held in New York City from around October 26 – November […]
I quite like this watch even though it is relatively simple. Just good old fashioned good looks – Parmigiani style. Really a good formal watch for their collection. Coming in gold, it has an in-house made movement and quite a soothing style if you ask me. Read my full article on the Parmigiani Tonda 1950 […]
Just launched is this brand new Bugatti…watch and car. The car I will cover briefly, and the watch is the newest timepiece made and developed by Parmigiani to continue the Swiss luxury watch brand’s relationship with the ultra-high end car maker. The watch is called the Parmigiani Bugatti Super Sport and is an evolution of […]
Let me tell you about the newest and (coolest) new method that a luxury watch company is using technology to help prevent anyone making replica, counterfeit or fake watches from the brand. I don’t always know why companies care so much about this, but it is true that as time goes on, fake watches are […]
It was years ago now – more than 10- when I first saw what was to become this Bugatti Galibier 16C Concept car. It was the Bugatti EB 218, a concept that shared the same fastback shape and uber luxury stance as this close to production Bugatti Galibier 16C automotive. Perhaps the EB 218 was […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- Shinola Launches “Great Americans Series” With Wright Brothers Limited Edition Watch & Bicycle December 10, 2013
- La Chronométrie Ferdinand Berthoud Will Be New Luxury Watch Brand From Chopard In 2014 December 10, 2013
- Piaget Altiplano 38mm 900P Is Newest World’s Thinnest Mechanical Watch At 3.65mm December 10, 2013
- Hublot’s Miami Heat Partnership December 9, 2013
- Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Aqualand BJ2128-05E Depth Meter Watch Review December 9, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW