In the Ralph Lauren Safari watch collection comes the RL67 Tourbillon (RLR0220704), a fashion piece for fashion sport. The notion of a “Safari Tourbillon” is an ironic concept borne only of the luxury watch industry. Then again, the Land Rover started as a more or less “safari truck” and is now a play thing of rappers and rich soccer moms.
Articles | Ralph Lauren
This bell-shaped watch is the Stirrup by Ralph Lauren. Equestrians now have another timepiece dedicated to their hobby…
Ever since Ralph Lauren Watches debuted the Sporting watch as part of their original collection (a few years ago) I was a fan of the sport watch that seemed to mix classic elegance and sporty looks together so well. Resolute to become more than just another high-end sports watch, Ralph Lauren has pushed the Sporting […]
Yes, this is a marketing video produced by Ralph Lauren, but it is unique for a few reasons and worth a watch. First, it is actually narrated by Ralph Lauren himself – which doesn’t happen all that often. Second, it is a nicely succinct tale of why many guys are into mechanical watches, and I […]
Got wood? Ralph Lauren does. For cars and watches. For 2011 his wood finally gets into a watch. Based on the interior of one of his most prized automobiles (a 1938 Bugatti 57SC Atlantic Coupe), this Ralph Lauren Watches Sporting timepiece comes complete with an elm burl wood dial. Interestingly enough I got have a […]
Ralph Lauren watches have taken a lot of heat in the time since their announcement a few years ago. Yes, Ralph Lauren (RL) is a fashion brand, and yes they are pricey – but they have a lot of redeeming values. One of the things RL did right in their partnership with Richemont was not […]
I recently learned that this watch does not yet have an official name. It will sometime next year. This is a new version of the Ralph Lauren Sporting watch. It has an elm burl wood dial and face that is meant to evoke the interior of one of Ralph Lauren’s cars from his personal collection […]
What does the haute horology world need now? High-end Ralph Lauren watches of course. No less with movements from sibling watch companies IWC and Jaeger LeCoultre, all under parent Richemont Group. The Sporting Collection is my favorite line of new Ralph Lauren watches. I’d certainly “sport” one (cheesy pun), but it is unlikely I’d pay […]
I discussed the three initial Ralph Lauren Watches here on Luxist, so please have a look at my pre-release thoughts written just before SIHH with more details on each model: Ralph Lauren Stirrup Collection Watches Ralph Lauren Sporting Collection Watches Ralph Lauren Classic Slim Collection Watches I said it pretty well in those articles, but […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Aqualand BJ2128-05E Depth Meter Watch Review December 9, 2013
- My First Grail Watch: Magnus Michelsen Of Michelsen Iceland December 8, 2013
- Chopard Mille Miglia 2013 Limited Edition Watches Hands-On December 8, 2013
- Breitling Super Avenger Military Limited Series Watch With 24 Hour Time December 7, 2013
- HourTime Show Watch Podcast Episode 150: A High Rolex December 7, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW