“Quatuor” is a name I can hardly pronounce but represents a piece of fun from Roger Dubuis that is wonderfully and most exquisitely deranged.
Articles | Roger Dubuis
Scattered in this article and in the image gallery below are some images from Roger Dubuis’ 2012 ad campaign for the Excalibur collection. I don’t know who they hired for this and other ads, but when I saw them I was like “woaw….
It was only a matter of time before the Roger Dubuis Excalibur watch connected itself a bit more with Arthurian legend. For 2013 the high-end Swiss watch brand and movement manufacture will produce a limited edition version of the Excalibur watch called the “Table Ronde.” Somehow I feel that given the super Britishness of the concept, they would have forgone the French name and simply called it “Round Table.”
“Where am I?” I wondered as I checked out Roger Dubuis’ SIHH 2012 booth. It feels like I am looking at a scene from the Borg mothership. Over the last few years the Swiss brand has changed its identity a few times, reinvented its watches, distanced itself from the man Roger Dubuis, re-hired the man […]
As a supplement to the new for 2010 EasyDiver collection (that I wrote about here), Roger Dubuis has released a limited edition EasyDiver Black Swan watch you see before you. These are all revisions of years of EasyDiver watches and/or other sport models from Roger Dubuis – most have been good, all have been interesting. […]
Roger Dubuis (the brand) has had a very interesting history over the last 15 years or so – and none of what I am referring to has anything to do with their watches. The man Roger Dubuis started it 1995. He was later ousted from his own brand by a guy who I heard sort […]
It took Roger Dubuis months to get a proper press release out on this watch with specs. I took images of the new Easy Diver watches back in January 2010, and am only now able to share them with you. I wanted some hard details to go along with the images. Prices will start at […]
Looking at the past a bit I want to bring your attention to the Roger Dubuis Golden Square. Not the contemporary model, but the one from a few years ago. In a 43mm wide square case, the watch screamed luxury in a way few other watches have. Bold and loud, the watch still in good […]
Some of you will like this watch, some of you won’t like this watch at all, and still some of you want this watch so badly you can taste it. Welcome to one of the most polarizing types of designs out there, and it is over a year old already. Personally I am very intrigued […]
Last March I was very intrigued by the marketing images of this new Roger Dubuis Easy Diver SED Tourbillon watch with its intense level of skeletonization, in carbon fiber, that looked like tree branches. If you look closely, you can tell that the movement is barley even there. The biggest parts are the one minute […]
On a few instances I have dedicated discussion to the world of luxury diving watches. To some, it seems a contradiction, why imbue a tool meant to be exposed to harsh elements with a luxury facade? To others, it seems like the perfect combination of things they love. I fall into this latter category. The […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- Shinola Launches “Great Americans Series” With Wright Brothers Limited Edition Watch & Bicycle December 10, 2013
- La Chronométrie Ferdinand Berthoud Will Be New Luxury Watch Brand From Chopard In 2014 December 10, 2013
- Piaget Altiplano 38mm 900P Is Newest World’s Thinnest Mechanical Watch At 3.65mm December 10, 2013
- Hublot’s Miami Heat Partnership December 9, 2013
- Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Aqualand BJ2128-05E Depth Meter Watch Review December 9, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW