We don’t typically focus on quartz watches as often as their mechanical counterparts but there are certain instances such as when a quartz movement can offer something not possible or adds functionality not realistically affordable otherwise. Timex is probably best known for their ubiquitous Ironman athletic watches but some of their most interesting new releases come from the Intelligent Quartz, or IQ, line. These models offer something above and beyond that of a typical quartz watch while keeping prices very affordable. Currently we’re looking at two very different watches in that same line, the Tide Temp Compass and the Perpetual Calendar.
Articles | Timex
Timex is a brand that most all watches lovers know about, but we tend to not think about Timex watches that often. That might be a shame because Timex has an important history in the American watch industry, and is also a brand that today offers a lot of watches. Timex sort of shot themselves […]
This is new to me, and I am not sure if you can get these in the US (but similar Timex watches in the US are available). These are Timex T-Series automatic mechanical watches. Pretty decent looking mechanical watches from the brand known for quartz, quartz, and more quartz. Movements are 22 jewel automatics with […]
To be perfectly honest it is hard to write about a $35 watch after you have been writing about $35,000 watches. On the one hand, it is hard to be fair to the $35 watch, and on the other hand it is hard to make a case to the $35 watch market for a $35,000 […]
Yes, I know, I have reviewed this watch before, but that was the full-length Timex Expedition WS4 watch review, not this special version for the AskMen.com audience. You’ll get another angle on the watch there. The Expedition WS4 is actually proving to be quite the popular timepiece, no joke. With the cool looks, and reasonable […]
My first Timex watch is this Expedition WS4 (“wide screen,” “4″ sensors). That gives me some handicap as I am not able to compare the watch with other Timex models, but I like to think that instead I am able to evaluate the watch with a fresh perspective on the popular brand…
This was honestly not the easiest watch to review. You think it would be simple, but you basically have a limited edition Timex that you are talking about – made for J. Crew of all places (watch style incarnate right?). Regardless of these surface level facts, is a lot more to this watch than meets […]
“The specific model outlined in this review is the T3C313 in a 47mm PVD titanium case with the white dial and the rubber strap. The 800 series is a definite step forward over the TX 730 whose feature list was so long that it couldn’t readily show all the information on the dial. The case […]
Timex IRONMAN watches have always been designed to make interacting with them while running as simple and natural as possible, so why not extend the functionality of your watch to also control your iPod?
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- Buben & Zorweg Time Mover Handwound, An Automatic Watch Winder For Handwound Watches December 11, 2013
- Calibre de Cartier Chronograph Watch Hands-On December 11, 2013
- Shinola Launches “Great Americans Series” With Wright Brothers Limited Edition Watch & Bicycle December 10, 2013
- La Chronométrie Ferdinand Berthoud Will Be New Luxury Watch Brand From Chopard In 2014 December 10, 2013
- Piaget Altiplano 38mm 900P Is Newest World’s Thinnest Mechanical Watch At 3.65mm December 10, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW