While Van Cleef & Arpels is mostly focused on products for women, they do have some men’s watches. They’ve actually had more in the past, but as of a few years ago they did indicate to me that more men’s watches would be part of their future. As promised, Van Cleef & Arpels relaunched the Pierre Arpels collection last year (hands-on here), and this year they’ve added to the collection with an interesting new bracelet…
Articles | Van Cleef & Arpels
Let me first apologize for failing to get a photograph of an important (to some), yet subtle, detail on this watch. The crown on this new Pierre Arpels watch – on all versions – has an inset diamond. OK, I feel better now knowing that you’ll be aware of that fact despite my incomplete coverage. […]
Van Cleef & Arpels probably makes the world’s most beautiful watches… that I would not wear. Of course they have plenty of watches I would strap on in a heartbeat, but they are just too nice. Too much work goes into making this art. Plus, many of them are for women. I wouldn’t want to […]
Released in about 2006, this is one of those rare Van Cleef & Arpels watches meant for men. Though I do believe moving forward the brand will focus on men’s pieces a bit more. The Latérale is named as such for a very cool little complication on the side of the watch where the power […]
The ultimate luxury, for anyone, is getting something made custom for you. This can come in many forms but custom art is the best, in my opinion. Custom watches have been around for as long as there has been a watch industry. The idea is that a client goes to “their brand” and says “make […]
Each year Van Cleef & Arpels releases a series of limited edition watches that revolve around a certain theme. One of the themes this year was Jules Verne and the concept of discovery and exploration. To this end Van Cleef & Arpels created a few limited edition models to memorialize some of the places that […]
This is a very interesting and nice to look at women’s watch from Van Cleef & Arpels. If I was a woman, then I would likely start saving up for one. Pennies, nickles, and dimes until I reached $116,000. The watch is the Pont des Amoureux, which means lover’s bridge. The complication makes it such […]
One can always expect beautiful artistic watch creations from Van Cleef & Arpels each year at SIHH. Not that any of the watches are affordable to the lay person. For examples these models are all in platinum. They are highly primed for visual appreciation. Of the 2010′s new collections from Van Cleef & Arpels is […]
One of my favorite watch makers from a novelty standpoint is Van Cleef & Arpels. There is always a little bit of magic in their watches. In the video, the current philosophy behind the brand’s watches is made very clear. Essentially they admit that people need watches less today (than in the past) to tell […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- Calibre de Cartier Chronograph Watch Hands-On December 11, 2013
- Shinola Launches “Great Americans Series” With Wright Brothers Limited Edition Watch & Bicycle December 10, 2013
- La Chronométrie Ferdinand Berthoud Will Be New Luxury Watch Brand From Chopard In 2014 December 10, 2013
- Piaget Altiplano 38mm 900P Is Newest World’s Thinnest Mechanical Watch At 3.65mm December 10, 2013
- Hublot’s Miami Heat Partnership December 9, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW