While it is rather pricey this new version of Vulcain’s Cricket Anniversary Heart Automatic calendar watch is a lovey timepiece. Over the last few years their Anniversary Heart models have been stealing my attention. I like the design that is classic but still bold, as well as the emphasis on mechanics. I still feel that […]
Articles | Vulcain
Yup, this watch is called the “50s President’s Watch.” While that sounds a bit funny, let me explain. In 1953 Vulcain gave a Cricket Alarm watch to President Harry Truman. Since then they have given watches to all the US Presidents (yea, I know the issues about gifting things to the president, but there is […]
One of my favorite under represented Swiss watch brands is Vulcain. I have written about them before, for example here when I discussed how the brand gives one of their watches to each new US president (specifically it was for Obama). That watch happened to be Vulcain’s new Anniversary Heart watch which is pictured here. […]
I didn’t have the nicest things to say about the last Vulcain Diver X-Treme watch that I talked about. I mean, I liked how the watch looked, but seriously doubted how “extreme” it was. That has pretty much all changed with this new Vulcain Diver X-Treme Limited Edition watch, that blows me out of the… […]
I wanted to go over the new Vulcain Anniversary Heart Cricket watch that was given to President Barack Obama once again. I have discussed the watch on Luxist.com, and in other places as well. You should know that Vulcain has been giving new US Presidents watches for over 50 years. It is part of the […]
I would imagine that the typical watch consumer is intelligent. At least understanding words and meaning. What do you think of when you hear “extreme” or the even more extreme iteration of extreme, “xtreme?” Well I think about objects that takes a beating, and do so while functioning well. Not fancy gold watches with mechanical […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- SalonQP 2013: A Most Personal Exhibition Of Fine Watches, Remarkable Brands And Astoundingly Difficult Crafts December 5, 2013
- Are You A Time Lord? OWC Watch Honors Doctor Who December 4, 2013
- Tutima Patria Watch Hands-On December 4, 2013
- Stockinger Luxury Watch Winder Cabinets & BRABUS SV12 Safe December 3, 2013
- The Mk II Fulcrum “American Milsub” Dive Watch December 3, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW