Whisky is a big deal in China these days, and apparently the most popular spirit brand in the world is Johnnie Walker. So, with that said, it should come as little surprise that Hublot has created a limited edition set of Big Bang Aero watches in partnership with Johnnie Walker brand whiskies. More specifically, Hublot has produced this timepiece in collaboration with the new "Johnnie Walker House" in Beijing, China. What is a Johnnie Walker House? There are three locations so far outside of Scotland; the idea behind it is to be a bar-style space that is an "ambassador of whisky culture."
Where are the current Johnnie Walker House locations? Two are in China located in Shanghai and in Beijing, and there is one located in Seoul, South Korea. I suppose it pays to be a Scotch Whisky lover in Asia these days. These lifestyle places to enjoy one's favorite spirits are high-class destinations for business people and those looking to become "cultured," because places like the Johnnie Walker House even have classes on how to appreciate Whisky.
Hublot brand lore lovers will find it interesting that Jean-Claude Biver's child actually runs Hublot China. Loic Biver, one of Mr. Biver's children, headed the Beijing event. The limited edition watch may or may not come with a high-end bottle of Johnnie Walker. In fact, if it does not, I think some people are going to be upset. The limited edition timepiece is based on the Big Bang Aero, and features the Johnnie Walker logo on the face, as well as more retro "John Walker & Sons" motif on the rear of the watch.
In black ceramic, the Big Bang Aero Johnnie Walker House Limited Edition timepiece comes in a 44mm wide case and has a skeletonized Hublot HUB4214 automatic chronograph movement. Brown "whisky" tones are matched to the black on the pushers, crown, dial, and of course, strap (which is hornback alligator on a rubber lining). This Hublot. ref. 311.CI.1110.HR.JWB14 will be limited to just 25 pieces, and be available for sale exclusively in China. hublot.com
- Reference: 311.CI.1110.HR.JWB14 - Limited series of just 25 numbered watches
- Case: “Big Bang” - Diameter 44 mm, made from micro-blasted black ceramic
- Bezel: Micro-blasted black ceramic, 6 black PVD titanium screws
- Crystal: Sapphire with interior anti-reflective treatment
- Bezel: lug Black composite resin
- Lateral inserts Black composite resin
- Case-back: Open, in micro-blasted black ceramic with "John Walker & Sons”" logo
- Crown: Black PVD titanium with brown rubber insert
- Water resistance: 10 ATM, or approximately 100 meters
- Dial: Openworked, black with black transfers, Ruthenium and satin-finished indexes with black SuperLuminova™
- Hands: Ruthenium, plus black SuperLuminova.™ Lacquered Brown Chronograph Second hand
- Movement: HUB4214 Automatic mechanical Aero bang chronograph
- Components: 257 (Jewels: 27)
- Power reserve: Approximately 42 hours
- Bracelet: Gold Hornback Alligator or Black Gummy Alligator. Sewn onto black rubber with black or brown stitching
- Clasp: Micro-blasted black PVD steel deployant buckle