Winner of the Seiko Sportura Kinetic Diver watch shares his thoughts and some pictures of himself enjoying the watch. Thanks Jason and enjoy!
Words from the winner on this Seiko:
- "There is a lot to love in this watch, considering the retail price of $595: sapphire crystal, ratcheting clasp on the bracelet, a blackened-steel bezel, solid end-link bracelet, and a set it and forget it kinetic movement.
- The fit and feel of the case, bezel and bracelet are what you would expect from Seiko - solid.
- The design is a big plus - not a Submariner or Seamaster clone, but a unique design.
- The watch is big - bigger than I usually wear on my 6.5" wrist (see the comparison shot with my Rolex GMTIIC); however, because of the downward angle of the lugs, I can still just barely pull it off without having the watch hang over the edges of my wrist.
- I had been looking for a nice, rugged, quartz diver to wear on weekends - something I didn't have to set every Saturday morning, and I think this Seiko fits the bill - the sapphire crystal will make it impervious to scratches, the kinetic movement means I won't have to worry about changing the battery, and the 200m water resistance means I won't have to worry about taking it for a swim.
- Overall, there is a lot to love with this watch, and really no real drawbacks (except the size, which is really only a drawback for the small-wristed) - I really like it!
Again, thanks so much for the watch giveaway - I continue to enjoy reading aBlogtoRead.com, and I love that you give back to your loyal readers!"