Swiss watch brand Dubey & Schaldenbrand is back after a slight hiatus and some internal reorganization. Their US distribution is also brand new. The newly livened Dubey & Schalden-brand (get it?) features three new models including this pretty Grand Dome collection. Set in a tonneau style case, this is the result of a lot of […]
Topic | grande
For 2012 Eberhard & Co. will release these two rather clean looking sport watches called the Champion V. These are new versions of older Eberhard Champion watch collection pieces released about 20 years ago. The same sober looks are maintained while the Champion V watches are more modern in every way. I don’t know why, […]
As I write this review I am actually freshly back from a visit of the Jaeger-LeCoultre manufacture in Le Sentier, Switzerland…
Now isn’t that pretty? This is a special Milan Boutique edition of the newer Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Ultra-Thin watch. The version with the limited “heritage” dial that is. According to Jaeger-LeCoultre in the 1930′s red (among other bright colors) were very popular for wrist watch dials. This model has a bright red lacquered dial. I […]
Jaeger-LeCoultre’s answer to the thin watch in 2011 was with their Reverso. Many of the Richemont brands were releasing their own slim watches, and I think the Grande Reverso Ultra-Thin is one of the sleeker models. As of now it will come in at least four versions. Some unlimited models including one with a more […]
Well this sure isn’t your everyday Cartier. Limited to 30 pieces, this platinum-cased watch comes with a retail price of $510,000. Yeah, that’s right. This Cartier watch will set you back a half million dollars. The movement is made by Renaud & Papi (APRP). I got to see the movements being put together at the […]
It is the heat of the night, and you are having an expensive watch wearing worthy good time. You go to look are your luxury timepiece in the dim lighting on the patio of that bar you like, and low and behold those lustrous gold holds show no luster in the dark. Time to rethink […]
Whoa there Gerald Genta (and I speak to the company, not the man – as he isn’t part of the brand any more). What is going on here? Where did this come from? Last thing I expected from you was a highly sophisticated sonnerie watch. You say that you have been doing this for a […]
I’ll take this watch please. Literally I want to sign for it right now. I’ve always been a big fan of Tag Heuer Formula 1 watches, and this latest iteration goes right back to the simplistic good looks that made this line of timepieces so incredibly desirable for me. While the watch is considered part […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- Garmin D2 Pilot Watch December 6, 2013
- BEST FROM: aBlogtoWatch & Friends December 6, 2013 December 6, 2013
- Citizen Women’s World Time A-T Watch Review: Good Enough For A Man? December 6, 2013
- Watch Winner Announced: Maurice Lacroix Pontos S Chronograph December 5, 2013
- SalonQP 2013: A Most Personal Exhibition Of Fine Watches, Remarkable Brands And Astoundingly Difficult Crafts December 5, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW