It is with possible envy that fellow boutique watch makers view Ernst Benz’s relationship with fashion designer John Varvatos. A relationship that has evolved into John himself configuring limited edition dual-branded timepieces that are sold exclusively in John Varvatos clothing boutiques.
Topic | green
In late 2010 Chronoswiss announced a new collection of watches called the Pacific. The family stylistically was a very different animal for the brand, and was seen as a unique attempt to capture the vintage watch loving market, from a brand already known for their vintage style watches. The result was a sort of futuristic […]
Much to the chagrin of Casio and Seiko, one of the most talked about and anticipated Japanese watches of 2011 was this limited edition Eco-Drive Satellite watch from Citizen. Upped to being a limited edition of 990 pieces, this rather pricey timepiece dazzles with design and technology. The future is all about the East while […]
Marvin is one of the most interesting brands out there that common people can afford. This is in large part due to the brand’s leadership – a spunky and creative woman named Cecile Maye…
Last year Hublot released their first watch with a colored sapphire crystal. The crystal itself was tinted red on the very cool Hublot King Power F1 Monza watch. It was shared with me that more tinted crystals watches would come. Hublot is thus far sticking with red, but more colors will come soon – no […]
Lovely isn’t it? Too bad it is only for women. And if you are a woman, then too bad you most likely cannot afford it. This is one of DeLaneau’s Rectangular Dome watches. Here in its “Green Sunrays” variant with a green jade and mother-of-pearl face. Movement is the DL 1608 automatic with jumping hours […]
Apparently CoolHunting.com is on a “limited edition kick,” and will offer a few such items. One of them is going to be this highly limited Marvin Malton 160 Cushion “Toujours Plus” watch that will only have 8 pieces. The watches will be available for sale (via CoolHunting I believe), but one of them will be […]
Lots of watch brands create special timepieces that are more eco-friendly than the rest of their collection, and sell them as special or limited edition pieces. Then you have brands like Casio that has naturally eco-friendly watches by design. With light powered movements that charge batteries instead of requiring them to be changes, the basic […]
To be perfectly honest it is hard to write about a $35 watch after you have been writing about $35,000 watches. On the one hand, it is hard to be fair to the $35 watch, and on the other hand it is hard to make a case to the $35 watch market for a $35,000 […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- Buben & Zorweg Time Mover Handwound, An Automatic Watch Winder For Handwound Watches December 11, 2013
- Calibre de Cartier Chronograph Watch Hands-On December 11, 2013
- Shinola Launches “Great Americans Series” With Wright Brothers Limited Edition Watch & Bicycle December 10, 2013
- La Chronométrie Ferdinand Berthoud Will Be New Luxury Watch Brand From Chopard In 2014 December 10, 2013
- Piaget Altiplano 38mm 900P Is Newest World’s Thinnest Mechanical Watch At 3.65mm December 10, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW