For 2013, the aBlogtoWatch watch gift guide will take the form of an editor’s and contributor’s wish list. Some of the editorial team has gone ahead and chosen a few of the timepieces from last year that are really high on their list. These are mostly newer watches, but ones that should be available for purchase now. So for this holiday season you’ll get a good idea of what we’ve personally wanted, and we didn’t include crazy stuff that no one can get, even if they could afford it.
Topic | Halios
Things are running hard and fast at Halios Watches, who recently teased designs for three upcoming 2013 models. The new models span a smaller diver, the Tropik, its bronze-cased sibling, the Tropik B, and a larger and more serious diver called the Delfin.
In the competitive world of the independent and online-only watch brand, Halios is widely considered to be a cut above the rest. I’ve actually had the pleasure of reviewing all of their past models, the Holotype, the Bluering, and the Laguna, finding them to be nicely made and rather unique interpretations of the modern dive watch…
The following thoughtful review and images are contributed by fellow watch lover and writer Paul Hubbard. Thanks for the nice review Paul! Introduction A few months ago, my colleague James Stacey on WatchReport reviewed a new dive watch by a Canadian company, the Halios Holotype. I read the review and was intrigued, but then again […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- Shinola Runwell Chronograph 41mm Watch December 13, 2013
- Lapizta Oryx Watch Review December 13, 2013
- Roger Smith “GREAT Britain” Watch Specially Made For Prime Minister David Cameron December 12, 2013
- Romain Jerome Skylab Spaceage Skeleton Watch December 12, 2013
- L. Leroy Osmior Tourbillon Regulateur Automatique Watches Hands-On December 12, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW