It is December and that means it is the season of giving once more. To help plan your Christmas shopping, we will be taking a look at a couple of gift guides and wish lists. We also check out new watches from Arnold & Son and Omega, and also learn more about the history of ETA, and round off by visiting Salon QP…
Topic | SalonQP
SalonQP 2013: A Most Personal Exhibition Of Fine Watches, Remarkable Brands And Astoundingly Difficult Crafts
My destination was the 2013 SalonQP fine watch exhibition, held between the 7th and 9th of November, in the Saatchi Gallery in the fabulous city of London…
There’s going to be a rather interesting watch presented later this year at SalonQP 2013 in London – an atomic pocket watch called the No. 10 by Hoptroff. At first blush, you’re probably thinking that it’s just another atomic radio signal-syncing timepiece, albeit one that’s in a different format than we’re used to seeing (and even quite different from Bathys’ Cesium 133 atomic clock watch creation).
Meistersinger is a unique brand borne of a simple philosophy, to make mostly single hand watches.
It is my experience that not many people have heard of the brand (which of course doesn’t count many dedicated watch lovers), and in some small way, this is something I hope to change. There is something selfish in this wish, and that is to see the company claim its unique identity in the larger consciousness of the watch buying public.
The recent Salon QP in London was certainly an eye-opening experience for me being a first time watch exhibition attendee. I had high expectations of going to this event and in many ways I wasn’t disappointed.
November marks an important event in the British horological calendar. For the past 3 years SalonQP, headed by UK based watch magazine QP, has welcomed a myriad of luxury watch brands to exhibit their newest and most lavish creations under the roof of London’s famed Saatchi gallery.
Quick note and reminder that UK-based watch lovers might want to head over to the SalonQP watch show for 2012 in London. I’d go save for the fact that I won’t be in Europe at the time and they aren’t quite set up yet to invite media properly.
While I won’t be attending there this year (I did go last year), I do invite you to attend the 2011 annual SalonQP watch show event in London. The focus is on English watch makers, but that is just part of the show. For the third iteration of the event, the planners have moved it […]
Now in it’s second year the SalonQP returns as England’s new premiere high-end watch event. The Salon is curated and put on by QP magazine, and will be held this year from November 11-13th a One Marylebone in London. I might just be at this year’s event myself. I hear good things about the show, […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- BEST FROM: aBlogtoWatch & Friends December 6, 2013 December 6, 2013
- Citizen Women’s World Time A-T Watch Review: Good Enough For A Man? December 6, 2013
- Watch Winner Announced: Maurice Lacroix Pontos S Chronograph December 5, 2013
- SalonQP 2013: A Most Personal Exhibition Of Fine Watches, Remarkable Brands And Astoundingly Difficult Crafts December 5, 2013
- Are You A Time Lord? OWC Watch Honors Doctor Who December 4, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW