For 2013, the aBlogtoWatch watch gift guide will take the form of an editor’s and contributor’s wish list. Some of the editorial team has gone ahead and chosen a few of the timepieces from last year that are really high on their list. These are mostly newer watches, but ones that should be available for purchase now. So for this holiday season you’ll get a good idea of what we’ve personally wanted, and we didn’t include crazy stuff that no one can get, even if they could afford it.
Topic | Sarpaneva
When buying high-end watches from small, independent watchmakers, you are buying the personality of the watchmaker as much as you are the watch. Like art, an investment in a boutique and perhaps one-of-a-kind watch is primarily emotional before it is practical. However, how often is it that you find the watchmaker’s face on the watch itself? The Sarpaneva Woodoo is one such example.
The avant garde dress watch that inspired a sport watch now inspires a dress watch. This new model from Finnish Sarpaneva is called the Korona K0 Wuoksi and is based on the brand’s first dive watch called the Korona K0 that we showed you hands-on here.
This is the latest MB&F watch to be produced in cooperation with another watchmaker. Past pieces included this HM2.2 Black Box watch done with French Alain Silberstein. For the HM3 MoonMachine, MB&F selected to work with Finnish Stepan Sarpaneva; his eponymous brand is Sarpaneva. The HM3 MoonMachine is a real hybrid between the design of […]
After some re-visioning and rebuilding, Finnish watch maker Sarpaneva has completed their dive watch that will be known as the Korona K0 “Ruler of Water.” I saw the prototypes of the K0 a year earlier in 2011 and the final versions are nicer looking and more distinct. Those who recall the 2011 version will notice […]
Don’t blame yourself if you’ve never heard of Sarpaneva watches. That is ok, I didn’t know of them until recently myself. Stepan Sarpaneva started Finland’s first mechanical watch company in 2003, and the boutique watch maker has released an impressive array of complex and intriguing watches in just a few short years. One of the […]
Ask Us Anything!
- Where Are The Best Places In The World To Buy Watches?
- Why Does A Mechanical Watch Make Noise While Worn?
- Should I Keep My Automatic Watch On A Watch Winder Daily?
- Should You Take Fashion Brand Watches Seriously?
- What Are The Best Japanese Mechanical Watch Movement Makers?
- What Is A GMT Watch?
- Does Polishing A Watch Affect Its Value?
- What Color Luminant Is The Brightest And What Is The Best Lume?
- Why Do Watch Dials With Roman Numerals Use “IIII” Rather Than “IV?”
- What Does “L SWISS MADE L” On A Watch Dial Mean?
Get it by Email
Watches in your inbox. Every day.
- Calibre de Cartier Chronograph Watch Hands-On December 11, 2013
- Shinola Launches “Great Americans Series” With Wright Brothers Limited Edition Watch & Bicycle December 10, 2013
- La Chronométrie Ferdinand Berthoud Will Be New Luxury Watch Brand From Chopard In 2014 December 10, 2013
- Piaget Altiplano 38mm 900P Is Newest World’s Thinnest Mechanical Watch At 3.65mm December 10, 2013
- Hublot’s Miami Heat Partnership December 9, 2013
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Military Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Skull Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW