- Breitling Navitimer 01 Watch Review Posted on: November 23, 2012
The Breitling Navitimer 01 is the first Navitimer with the new in-house Breitling B01 movement. The Navitimer is maybe one of a handful of original classic aviator watch designs and Breitling can claim that it’s the only wristwatch chronograph in continuous production for more than 50 years. With the B01 movement, Breitling has recently extended the guarantee of the Navitimer 01 to five years from the typical industry standard of two years.
- Devon Tread 1 Steampunk Watch Review Posted on: November 19, 2012
2012 sees the release of the special limited edition “Steampunk” version of the Tread 1, and I am happy to offer this exclusive review and first ever hands-on look at it. It is Devon’s answer to an artsier version of a mechanical art watch, and it is something which I am happy they decided to make.
- Bell & Ross WW1-90-S Review Posted on: November 16, 2012
This is the Bell & Ross WW1-90-S, a recent model inspired by WW1-era pocketwatch conversions, where the lugs were loops of wire soldered onto the case.
- Girard-Perregaux 1966 Chronograph 42MM Watch Review Posted on: November 12, 2012
Girard-Perregaux is a solid name in high-end watch making. They produce their own movements in Switzerland, that are even used as base movements for other brands (even MB&F). Their movements are pretty spot on, but what does that mean in a world where it takes a nice movement and nice design to sell an expensive watch?
- IWC Big Pilot Top Gun Watch Review Posted on: November 5, 2012
IWC fan boys (of which there are many) have a serious love affair with the Big Pilot watch family – and it is easy to see why with its large masculine looks and action-ready stance. For review I have checked out one of the new Big Pilot pieces that comes in an all ceramic case and is part of the Top Gun collection.
- Jaquet Droz Grande Seconde Quantieme Watch Review Posted on: October 29, 2012
The Grande Seconde dial made the modern Jaquet Droz watch brand famous. Taken from an interesting 18th century pocket watch with a lovely figure eight style dial, the Grande Seconde wrist watch dial was not only visually appealing, but also resonated well with the Chinese consumer who has a penchant for the number “8.”
- Tissot SeaStar 1000 Chronograph Valjoux Limited Edition Watch Review Posted on: October 22, 2012
If you are in the market for a new mechanical Tissot dive watch then this is the model you probably want. Tissot released this limited edition model as a higher-end version of the standard SeaStar 1000 Chronograph (which we covered here).
- Gucci i-Gucci Sport Watch Review Posted on: October 8, 2012
When designing this i-Gucci watch I have a feeling I know what Gucci was aiming for. The goal was probably to produce a Casio that hip urban fashion types want to wear…
- Ocean7 LM2-AD Watch Review Posted on: October 5, 2012
New analog-digital watches are few and far between, so when we heard that Ocean7 had one we contacted them for a review. It’s called the LM2-AD and I think you’re going to like it. Well, some will – analog-digital is definitely not to everyone’s taste.
- Bovet Dimier Recital 0 Watch Review Posted on: October 2, 2012
I walked into the kitchen with this on and my girl said “nice watch.” I asked her if she knew what made it special or had any idea what it might be worth and she just said “I don’t really care.” That pretty much sums up most people’s perceptions of high horology on this planet.
- Casio Edifice EQWT720DC-1A Watch Review Posted on: September 10, 2012
It appears to me as though Japanese watch makers Citizen and Casio are in a fight. Both of them are doing appreciably better than competitor Seiko, and they are also both pushing forward with highly multi-functional analog watches.
- Montegrappa Nero Uno Watch Set Review Posted on: September 3, 2012
Earlier in 2012 I traveled to Bassano del Grappa in Italy to visit the headquarters of high-end writing instrument maker Montegrappa. The brand has an interesting history both in product and business. Partially because it was acquired by the Richemont Group, and then re-acquired by the family which owned it. I did an interview with their esteemed CEO Giuseppe Aquila here on Centurion if you care to learn more about the brand.
- RGM 160 Watch Review Posted on: September 2, 2012
This is the RGM 160. It is on the mid to upper range of RGM watch which don’t use in-house made RGM movements. With a versatile and useful set of complications from the ETA Valjoux 7751 automatic movement, this is a very attractive mix…
- Bremont ALT1-WT World Timer Watch Review Posted on: August 13, 2012I have mentioned in the past that I believe successful brands are those that stick to their core competencies and know their strengths just as well as they know their weaknesses. Bremont is a brand that has a firm grasp on their skills and, thanks to a focused but patient energy, they have been able [...]
- Ralph Lauren Stirrup Chronograph Watch Review Posted on: August 6, 2012
This bell-shaped watch is the Stirrup by Ralph Lauren. Equestrians now have another timepiece dedicated to their hobby…
More Watch Love…
- BaselWorld 2013
- BaselWorld 2012
- BaselWorld 2011
- SIHH Articles
- SIHH 2013
- Buying Guides
- HourTime Show
- Ladies’ Watches
- Watch Talk
- Industry News
- Survival Watches
- Ceramic Watches
- GMT Watches
- Watch Winders
- Watch Straps
- Sales & Auctions
- Watch What-If
- Watch Style
- iPhones & Apps
- All Giveaways
- Evolving ABTW
Subscribe by Email
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- George Daniels Co-Axial Chronograph Watch Hands-On May 21, 2013
- “Rolex And Icons” Video Campaign Launches To Promote Famous Wearers May 20, 2013
- Casio G-Shock Aviation GW-A1000 Watch Review May 20, 2013
- iPhone App Smart Enough To Read Watch Names May 19, 2013
- Patek Philippe Calatrava 5227 Hands-On: A Perfect Daily Dress Watch May 19, 2013
Audemars Piguet BaselWorld BaselWorld 2013 Bell & Ross Breitling Cartier Casio Celebrities & Watches Ceramic Watches Chronograph Watches Citizen Dive Watches Giveaway GMT Watches Hands-On HourTime Show Hublot Inside the Manufacture Interviews IWC Jaeger LeCoultre Ladies' Watches Linde Werdelin MB&F Moon Phase Complication Watches Omega Patek Philippe Pilot Watches podcast Rolex Sales & Auctions Seiko SIHH Sinn Space-Themed Watches Steel TAG Heuer Tissot titanium Tourbillon Watches Watches & Cars Watches in Film & Television Watch Reviews over $500 Watch Reviews under $500 Zenith