The Masonic, the newest watch to launch on Kickstarter is a unique, fresh take on a traditional timepiece. This debut watch from Aggregate Watches is the first to utilize a traditionally industrial material in a refined way – concrete. The watch has a concrete dial and bezel made from a proprietary cement blend, yet it is lightweight, water resistant, and durable for everyday wear.
Designed from the ground up, the features of the Masonic complement each other for a beautiful, minimal, and sophisticated look. Each component of the watch has been thoughtfully crafted to be harmonious and honest in its design. The watch has a seamless, clean case without the lugs seen in traditional two-piece strap watches. The top-grain leather strap is one piece and can be interchanged by simply removing the back of the case.
A scratch-resistant sapphire crystal is standard on every watch produced, and the custom designed crown is set at 2 o’clock to be ergonomically more comfortable. Even the hands are custom designed in stamped brass, inspired by the play on negative space, from the frontal view of the San Francisco Bay Bridge.
- Dial & Bezel: Proprietary cement blend.
- Case: 316L certified, extra-low carbon stainless steel, highly resistant to corrosion.
- Markers: Polished and raised laser-etched markers in stainless steel.
- Buckle: A custom-designed stainless steel pin with an asymmetrical buckle.
- Crown: Set at 2 o’ clock for comfort and easy time adjustment with custom knurling.
- Crystal: Genuine sapphire crystal with anti-scratch coating.
- Hands: Custom designed in stamped brass with PVP/IP plated and/or enamel.
- Movement: Japanese Citizen Miyota 203A Premium Quartz.
- Strap: Genuine top-grain leather and interchangeable.
For a full list of features check out the link here.
- Strap Length: 240mm
- Strap Width: 20mm
- Case Diameter: 43mm
- Case Thickness: 13mm
- Weight: 3.2oz / 90.72g
- Water Resistance: 3ATM/30m
For a watch size guide follow link here.
Aggregate co-founders, Jon Thai and Mike Yim, have extensive backgrounds in industrial design & engineering. The Masonic is the debut watch under their own Bay Area label. The Masonic was conceived from the idea of experimenting with concrete in unconventional ways and reimagined in an artistic context. There is an honest, minimalist design approach to this watch, the material and form serve to captivate the audience. Concrete is the medium, and the medium is the message. The design is the material, in its raw form.
The focus of the Masonic is celebrating the beauty in the color and details of the material. The end result is a subtle yet sophisticated design, at first glance, but upon closer examination, “the Masonic” is a bold new take on materials in a traditional setting. A timepiece for any modern watch enthusiast, the Masonic is available in four colors; Gravel Grey/Grey, Pacific Navy/Grey, Charcoal Black/Black, and Oat Brown/Grey with more colors to be unlocked as different levels of funding goals on Kickstarter are achieved, including Bay Brown/Black, Rose Gold Grey, Rose Gold Black, and possibly even a titanium edition.