This month, aBlogtoWatch is giving away a Ralf Tech Académie Automatic “Ranger” watch to one lucky reader. The Ralf Tech Académie line of watches has just launched and represents a departure for the French brand that has long produced large, bold, modern-style dive watches – and they are proud of often supplying military and police. For its clearly vintage 1960s–1970s design, the Ralf Tech Académie is interesting in part because it has a couple of features that make it different from watches that might have a similarly “classic” look.
First, while the Académie is smaller than other Ralf Tech watches, the sizing of 41mm wide is an interesting choice that will make the Ralf Tech Académie Automatic wearing experience feel more modern and bold than what might be expected from a watch of this style. Second, the Ralf Tech Académie watches are rated to no less than 200m of water resistance. This is also unusual for watches of this style and is reminiscent of some early dive watches such as those from Panerai that were used for diving but without the familiar rotating bezel we tend to associate with dive watches today.
Ralf Tech launched their Académie line with five versions with different dials, finishes, etc., and this “Ranger” version features a brushed steel case with a gray dial and lume-painted indices in a military stencil style. The 2.5mm-thick, raised “box-type” sapphire crystal, along with the screw-down crown and caseback helping it achieve its water resistance, adds to its retro feel. The watch is powered by the Seiko NH36 automatic movement that operates at 3Hz, has a power reserve of 42 hours, and offers hand-winding and hacking. The Ralf Tech Académie Automatic “Ranger” comes on a vintage calf leather strap or tropic silicone strap and has a retail price of $1,780. You can enter to win one this month on aBlogtoWatch by following the instructions below.
To Enter You Must:
1. Comment on this post below (on aBlogtoWatch.com, not Facebook, or elsewhere you might see this article) before the giveaway is over with your valid e-mail address where required (if you’ve signed up for the commenting system before, your e-mail should already be in there). In the body of your comment, mention a type of watch strap or bracelet you tend to prefer and why.
2. Be a pal. If possible, “like” or follow any or all of the following:
- Like aBlogtoWatch on Facebook
- Follow aBlogtoWatch on Instagram
- Follow Ralf Tech America on Instagram
Want aBlogtoWatch articles automatically sent to you via e-mail? Sign up here:
3. Wait until the giveaway is over on November 30, 2017, for the winner to be chosen at random. A couple of basic rules. You can only enter once. You must comment with a valid e-mail address where you can be reached. Your comment must be confirmed and approved. You must complete the objectives to be considered. You are responsible for providing your contact shipping information if you are chosen. Shipping restrictions to non-US entrants may apply based on sponsor’s policies. Giveaway watch selection based on sponsor’s inventory and watch availability. All comments made after the end of the giveaway period will not be considered. If you are chosen as a winner, you then have 24 hours to ensure receipt of your full shipping information or an alternative winner will be chosen. For the full terms and conditions, please click here.
Good luck, and thanks to Ralf Tech America, sponsor of the Ralf Tech Académie Automatic “Ranger” watch giveaway here at aBlogtoWatch!