October 2023 is finally upon us, and with the Halloween season fast approaching, we’re eager to embrace the spirit of the holiday and explore some darker options for the wrist. If you’re looking for a dark, moody timepiece that can serve for Halloween night or the whole year through, aBlogtoWatch is here to help. We’ve partnered with Strond to offer one lucky winner a stylish blacked-out take on the classic pilot’s watch, complete with a useful GMT complication and a physical connection to one of the most beloved passenger planes of all time. The winner of this month’s giveaway will receive a limited edition Strond SSC-101 24h GMT, which combines durable construction, timeless pilot aesthetics, and a piece of the very first Concorde jet ever built.
At 41mm wide, the Strond SSC-101 24h GMT’s stainless steel case combines balanced proportions with simple, classic lines and stealthy execution. The main case body is black-coated for an aggressive, modern look, but the underlying tapered lugs and sharply vertical case sides are traditional and versatile. Strond adds a cleanly brushed rotating 24-hour bezel on top of this base platform, adding a potential third trackable time zone on top of the base GMT complication. Strond tops the watch with a scratch resistant sapphire crystal for added durability.
For the dial of the SSC-101 24h GMT, Strond takes a clean, ultra-legible approach. The Roman sword-style main handset is paired with a mix of crisp oversized Arabic hour numerals and bold rectangular indices, all treated with a generous serving of luminous paint. The vivid hazard yellow seconds hand stands out from the black dial surface instantly at a glance, making this vital information a natural focal point. Strond cleverly integrates the delta-wing silhouette of the Concorde into the SSC-101 24h GMT’s GMT hand, in a nod that should delight aviation fans. However, the watch’s greatest aviation-inspired touch is located at 4 o’clock, where the brand adds a bright dial plaque made from the engine fairing of the very first Concorde airframe ever built.
Strond powers the SSC-101 24h GMT with a rugged, dependable Ronda 515.24H quartz GMT movement. With precise quartz accuracy and bulletproof durability, this should help to make the watch a stalwart companion for years to come. To complete the package, Strond pairs the watch with both a vintage calfskin leather strap and a clean black seatbelt-style NATO strap. Limited to only 1,930 examples, the Strond SSC-101 24h GMT carries an MSRP of £299 GBP.
To Enter You Must:
- Comment on this post below (on aBlogtoWatch.com, not Facebook, or elsewhere you might see this article) before the giveaway is over with your valid e-mail address where required. (If you’ve signed up for the commenting system before, your e-mail should already be in there.) For a chance to win, share in the comments what you would like to see next from the brand.
- Be a pal. If possible, “like” or follow any or all of the following:
- Like aBlogtoWatch on Facebook
- Follow aBlogtoWatch on Instagram
- Sign up for the aBlogtoWatch Newsletter
- Follow Strond on Instagram
- Wait until the giveaway is over on October 31, 2023 for the winner to be chosen at random. A couple of basic rules. You can only enter once. You must comment with a valid e-mail address where you can be reached. Your comment must be confirmed and approved. You must complete the objectives to be considered. You are responsible for providing your contact shipping information if you are chosen. Shipping restrictions to non-U.S. entrants may apply, based on the sponsor’s policies. Giveaway watch selection based on sponsor’s inventory and watch availability. All comments made after the end of the giveaway period will not be considered. If you are chosen as a winner, you then have 24 hours to ensure receipt of your full shipping information or an alternative winner will be chosen. For the full terms and conditions, please click here.
Good luck, and thanks to Strond, sponsor of the Strond SSC-101 24h GMT watch giveaway on aBlogtoWatch!