For December 2019, the annual aBlogtoWatch experience giveaway sponsor is Swiss Formex, and they are going to take one lucky aBlogtoWatch audience member (along with ABTW founder Ariel Adams) skydiving in California. The winner will also receive their own Formex Essence Leggera Automatic Chronometer watch — the latest in lightweight technology and style from Formex.
Building on the popular Formex Essence Chronometer watch platform, the Essence Leggera Automatic Chronometer is built using an ultralight carbon fiber composite case in combination with a highly scratch-resistant ceramic bezel. Sitting 43mm-wide on the wrist, the Essence Leggera uses Formex’s patented case suspension system and houses a Swiss-made STP 1-11 automatic movement which has been officially certified as a Chronometer by COSC in Switzerland.
The Essence Leggera Chronometer features a handsome black color palette that is mindful of style. Paired to the carbon composite case is a forged carbon dial, which offers an attractive aesthetic against the legible hands and applied hour markers. The durable case is water resistant to 100 meters with a sapphire crystal over the dial, and the Essence Leggera Chronometer case comes paired with a leather, rubber, or nylon strap with Formex’s tool-less strap removal system and high-performance carbon fiber deployant clasp, which includes a micro-adjust sizing system. Retail price for the Formex Essence Leggara Automatic Chronometer watch is $1,880 USD.
No previous skydiving experience is required to participate in this giveaway, but entrants should be willing to jump out of a plane! Formex is no stranger to skydiving. Current Formex CEO Mr. Raphael Granito is an avid skydiver, and the brand even has an official ambassador who is a record-setting skydiver. That is Mr. Marc Hauser who has set a record for reaching the fastest horizontal speed during a free fall, while also being the subject of an award-winning documentary regarding Hauser as the first person to jump into the planet’s jet stream to promote high altitude window power as an energy source.
Formex watches are tough, attractive tool watches with style and purpose. Formex fans include plenty of aBlogtoWatch audience members, and now the brand offers one of them the chance to “live the Formex lifestyle” by skydiving with Formex and aBlogtoWatch. This special experience giveaway is open to anyone, but Formex will only be able to pay for travel expenses within the United States. The winner must also be available to join Formex and aBlogtoWatch for this skydiving experience during the May/June 2020 date window. (Specific dates will be selected in early 2020 after a winner has been announced.)
Question to answer in order to enter giveaway: Formex is currently developing a new diver’s watch model and is interested in the community’s opinion. In your comment below, please share with Formex what you’d like to most see in a Formex dive watch from a functional, material, and style standpoint. Also try to mention whether or not a helium release valve in such a watch would have value to you.
To Enter You Must:
1. Comment on this post below (on aBlogtoWatch.com, not Facebook, or elsewhere you might see this article) before the giveaway is over with your valid email address where required. (If you’ve signed up for the commenting system before, your e-mail should already be in there.) In the body of your comment, answer the question above.
2. Be a pal. If possible, “like” or follow all or any of the following:
- Like aBlogtoWatch on Facebook
- Follow aBlogtoWatch on Instagram
- Follow Timeless Luxury Watches on Instagram
3. Wait until the giveaway is over on December 31, 2019 for the winner to be chosen at random. A couple of basic rules. You can only enter once. You must comment with a valid e-mail address where you can be reached. Your comment must be confirmed and approved. You must complete the objectives to be considered. You are responsible for providing your contact shipping information if you are chosen. Shipping restrictions to non-U.S. entrants may apply, based on sponsor’s policies. Giveaway watch selection based on sponsor’s inventory and watch availability. All comments made after the end of the giveaway period will not be considered. If you are chosen as a winner, you then have 24 hours to ensure receipt of your full shipping information or an alternative winner will be chosen. For the full terms and conditions, please click here.