Sponsored Post written for aBlogtoWatch by advertiser.

I am happy to announce the launch of two new brands united in one company, Beaulieu SAS. Today, I’ll introduce to you the new Ultramarine Morse GMT designed to be a part of the larger family of Marine watches. As an entrepreneur, I wanted to bring what I wanted to find as a customer: a real high quality Swiss watch with a very good movement at a good price. That is why the slogan of the brand is “The real Swiss made. At a fair price.”

You may be wondering what kind of “Swiss Made” it is. There will be no debate here about what percentage of the watch is actually made in Switzerland – connoisseurs know that is a question that can be asked about many watches today. And to be specific about the difference with the 60% value rules of “Swissness,” the Morse proudly announces on its caseback, in French, “Intégralement ouvré en Suisse.” This means integrally manufactured in Switzerland and this is serious stuff. The FHS (Fédération Horlogère Suisse) makes no jokes about this kind of statement.

Advertising Message

So the originality of this model compared to the competition at this price point is that the production will be 100% manufactured in Switzerland – cases, dials, hands, casebacks, bezels, buckles, crowns, but also sapphire glasses, straps, and up to the last screw or ring… all 100% Swiss Made, which is very rare in the market nowadays. The Eterna movement is also 100% Swiss Made – 80% in house at Eterna Movement SA in Grenchen, and the other 20% within a 50 kilometer radius around Grenchen.

And now, to the watch. Under the sun brushed blue dial is the very fine Eterna Caliber 39 movement. It’s a 30mm Swiss Made piece in its 3914A version with a date at 3, 24-hour GMT at 6, and a small seconds display at 9. This movement offers 65 hours of power reserve and automatic as well as a manual winding. Its frequency is 4Hz or 28,800 vph.

The Ultramarine Morse is 40mm wide, 12mm thick, 48mm lug to lug, and the straps are 20mm wide. The Morse is also water resistant to 100m. The case is fully polished, but it will be possible to chose two others versions: a mix polished and brushed model, or a bead-blasted version. A DLC coating will also be available for an extra €100 charge.

Advertising Message

The strap is a hand sewn blue leather, and there are also options for black, light brown, or grey leather free of charge. The hour and minute hands also feature BGW9 for low-light visibility.

The price of a very good Swiss watch is a problem for many customers, so I made the decision to implement what’s probably the smallest margin on the market, in a fair trade spirit. And I want to be transparent about the costs.

The cost of manufacturing an Ultramarine Morse, development costs aside, will be around €950. The starting price on Kickstarter will be €1,360 for the first 25 pieces. So if you subtract the 8 to 10% Kickstarter share, you will easily find the margin. This Ultramarine Morse GMT First Edition will be limited to 300 pieces.


  • Movement: Eterna Caliber 3914A, small second, date and GMT, 65 hour power reserve
  • Case Size: 40mm
  • Dimensions: 40mm x 48mm x 12mm
  • Case Material: 316L stainless steel, extra charge DLC option
  • Strap: Hand sewn blue leather, options for black, light brown, or grey free of charge
  • Front and back glasses: Sapphire Crystal
  • Water Resistance: 100 meters / 330 feet
  • Lume: Super-LumiNova BGW9 on hands

The Ultramarine Morse GMT is available on Kickstarter starting at €1,360 (excluding tax), along with the three other models: the classic pilot watch Ultramarine Albatros, and the more contemporary Beaulieu Type S/2 & S/4 GMT. ultramarine-watches.com

Sponsored Posts are a form of advertising that allows sponsors to share useful news, messages, and offers to aBlogtoWatch readers in a way traditional display advertising is often not best suited to. All Sponsored Posts are subject to editorial guidelines with the intent that they offer readers useful news, promotions, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in Sponsored Posts are those of the advertiser and not necessarily those of aBlogtoWatch or its writers.

Advertising Message

Subscribe to our Newsletter