February 2023 is upon us at last, and while winter drags on in much of the world the promise of warmer days is right around the corner. It’s never to early to find the right warm-weather diving companion, and aBlogtoWatch has partnered with Edox to offer up a stylish and dependable diver for any aquatic adventure. One lucky winner will receive this handsomely sporting Edox Hydro-Sub Automatic Chronometer Limited Edition watch, which combines athletic ’70s diver styling with an eye-catching colorway and a COSC certified chronometer movement to create a sports watch suitable for nearly any occasion.
Measuring in at 42mm-wide and 12.5mm-thick, the stainless steel case of the Edox Hydro-Sub Automatic Chronometer Limited Edition preserves the C-case styling of the classic Hydro-Sub models of the ’60s and ’70s while updating the proportions for modern tastes. The overall case geometry is attractively simple, with vertically brushed sloping upper case surfaces that transition seamlessly into short curving lugs. Edox keeps the case sides equally simple, with unchamfered polished surfaces running from lug tip to lug tip. An unguarded screwdown crown at 3 o’clock makes for easy operation on the wrist, while a heavily gear-toothed unidirectional dive bezel likewise keeps this vital functionality easily accessible. This bezel is where Edox also gives the Hydro-Sub Automatic Chronometer Limited Edition its own distinct personality, both through a bold dodecagonal inner bezel ring and a deep navy blue ceramic insert with a full dive scale in vivid white. A dive watch is nothing without solid water resistance, and Edox delivers on this front with an excellent 300-meter rating.
The dial of the Edox Hydro-Sub Automatic Chronometer Limited Edition pairs a simple layout with striking contrasting colors, creating excellent legibility even in the toughest conditions. Simple baton hands and matching applied rectangular indices are given a blazing new edge thanks to their dynamic signal orange coloration, while the matte midnight blue dial surface provides an attractively restrained backdrop. An outer seconds ring in silver completes the color palette, creating an attractive highlight while drawing the eye naturally towards the needle-style running seconds hand.
Inside the Edox Hydro-Sub Automatic Chronometer Limited Edition beats the SW200-based Caliber 806 automatic movement. The Caliber 806 bears the sought-after COSC chronometer certification for exceptional accuracy, and the reliable base platform makes this a precise and dependable companion for any adventure. Edox completes the watch with a classic three-link bracelet in brushed stainless steel. Only 500 examples of the Edox Hydro-Sub Automatic Chronometer Limited Edition were ever made, and the watch carries an MSRP of € 1,790 Euro.
To Enter You Must:
- Comment on this post below (on aBlogtoWatch.com, not Facebook, or elsewhere you might see this article) before the giveaway is over with your valid e-mail address where required. (If you’ve signed up for the commenting system before, your e-mail should already be in there.) For a chance to win, share in the comments what you would like to see next from the brand.
- Be a pal. If possible, “like” or follow any or all of the following:
- Like aBlogtoWatch on Facebook
- Follow aBlogtoWatch on Instagram
- Sign up for the aBlogtoWatch Newsletter
- Follow Edox on Instagram
- Wait until the giveaway is over on February 28, 2023 for the winner to be chosen at random. A couple of basic rules. You can only enter once. You must comment with a valid e-mail address where you can be reached. Your comment must be confirmed and approved. You must complete the objectives to be considered. You are responsible for providing your contact shipping information if you are chosen. Shipping restrictions to non-U.S. entrants may apply, based on the sponsor’s policies. Giveaway watch selection based on sponsor’s inventory and watch availability. All comments made after the end of the giveaway period will not be considered. If you are chosen as a winner, you then have 24 hours to ensure receipt of your full shipping information or an alternative winner will be chosen. For the full terms and conditions, please click here.
Good luck, and thanks to Edox, sponsor of the Edox Hydro-Sub Automatic Chronometer Limited Edition watch giveaway on aBlogtoWatch!