The Linde Werdelin 2-Timer watch (that I reviewed here) is growing up to be the 3-Timer. The differences are enough shed new light on a watch that had never even lost a sparkle of shine. With the 3-Timer you get a more elegant look with less emphasis on sport, heading into the, “this watch goes with a suit” range. Wearing the 2-Timer with business attire would make you look a bit like a superhero with a secret identity who accidentally forgot to remove one of their outfit components.
Linde Werdelin has created a totally new dial with a textured face, with new hour indicators that are smaller and designed to be “more soothing on the eyes.” The GMT hand has also been redesigned and is now more classic looking with its long arrow-tipped look. Inside the watch, the ETA 2893-A2 movement features an easy set GMT complication that moves the GMT hand around in one hour increments for precise adjustments which makes it very convenient. The name 3-Timer refers to the fact that you can track up to three different time zones with the watch. One with the hours and minute hand, another with the GMT hand, and third with the rotating 24 hour bezel.
Each 3-Timer watch that will be offered will be in a limited edition of anywhere from 222 to 22 pieces. Materials available will be steel, DLC coated steel, 18k rose gold, and 18k yellow gold. This time around a new strap option will be made available in textile, added to the high quality rubber strap and metal bracelet. At 46mm wide, the 3-Timer might seem like a large watch, but it actually fits quite reasonably and thanks to the shape of the case and the strap, is of the most comfortable watches you can wear.
The pictured Linde Werdelin 3-Timer watch is in 18k rose gold with a DLC coated steel bezel. It is my choice option, and a beautiful timepiece. Don’t you love that friendly little integrated date window? Available soon, prices start at about 4,000 Euros. Visit Linde Werdelin here for more information or to purchase.
Technical Specifications for 3-Timer rose gold black DLC steel bezel:
-Limited to 222 pieces
-Size 46mm (w) by 49mm (l) by 12mm (h) -Movement ETA 2893
— A2 mechanical automatic
-42 hour power reserve
-Case 18kt. Rose gold case, black DLC steel bezel
-24 hour bidirectional turning bezel (24 clicks) -Screw on gold case-back
-2.2mm anti-reflective sapphire crystal (backside coated)
-Screw in crown with LW logo -Date At 4 o’clock -Dial Black galvanic satinised dial with rose gold print
-12 rose gold plated applied indexes with Super LumiNova (C3 Green Line)
-Hands Diamond cut rhodium plated with applied Super LumiNova (C3 Green Line)
-Water Resistance 300M / 1,000ft -Strap Black textile strap with gold ardillon buckle
The 3-Timer Family:
– 3TM.R4 — 3-Timer 18kt. rose gold with black DLC steel bezel – black dial: ETA 2893 — A2 mechanical automatic movement — limited to 222 pieces
– 3TM.4.2 — 3-Timer 18kt. yellow gold – silver dial: ETA 2893 — A2 mechanical automatic movement — limited to 222 pieces
– 3TM.4.1 — 3-Timer 18kt. yellow gold – spring green dial: ETA 2893 — A2 mechanical automatic movement — limited to 22 pieces
– 3T.SG — 3-Timer steel with 18kt. yellow gold bezel – black dial: ETA 2893 — A2 mechanical automatic movement — limited to 222 pieces
– 3TM.2.3 — 3-Timer steel – dark brown dial: ETA 2893 — A2 mechanical automatic movement — limited to 22 pieces
– 3TM.2.2 — 3-Timer steel – silver dial: ETA 2893 — A2 mechanical automatic movement — limited to 222 pieces
– 3T.2.6 – 3-Timer steel – black dial: ETA 2893 — A2 mechanical automatic movement — limited to 222 pieces