It’s been a few years since James Bond last burst onto our screens in the 24th installment of Ian Fleming’s super-spy series. In Spectre, enthusiasts were delighted to see the return of sorely missed Bond villain Ernst Stavros Blofeld and there’s been much debate recently on how the story is going to develop in the next installment. To celebrate the imminent return of one of Britain’s most recognizable and best loved fictional heroes, Luxe Watches are planning to give away a brand new Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Commander’s Watch, originally produced in a limited edition to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the legendary Bond film You Only Live Twice.
There was even more discussion over whether Daniel Craig would continue in the role, though the actor recently confirmed that he would return for at least one more outing. A high degree of secrecy has surrounded the latest plot, not least because the script is not yet fully written. Even the name of the 25th Bond is being kept tightly under wraps. The good news is that, according to some sources, shooting for the next film is due to start early next year.
Bond 25: What We Know So Far
- The film is set for release around November 2019 but shooting is expected to start as early as February next year.
- Daniel Craig has confirmed that he’s going to be taking up the role again. If he completes the film, he’ll be the longest running Bond since Sean Connery.
- The script is being worked on by Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, who first got involved in all things Bond with The World is Not Enough in 1999.
- Over the years, Bond’s watch has gotten him out of a lot of tight situations, not least when battling Mr. Big in Live and Let Die.
The new plot has been kept as secret as an MI6 file and not much has been leaked. Rumors that Bond might have married in the interim have been circulating but are largely unsubstantiated.
- Most people do, however, expect Blofeld, one of Bond’s most memorable enemies, to return in the next story. Lea Seydoux who played Madeline Swann in Spectre may also make another appearance.
- The big question is who is going to direct the 25th Bond – the bookies’ favorite was Christopher Nolan after his Dunkirk success this year but other, less well-known candidates have since come forward.
Bond and Watches
It’s no surprise that Omega took the step to produce a Bond style limited edition watch and the design has undoubtedly proved extremely popular. Gadgets are a key part of the Bond mystique and owning one of the 7,007 Seamaster Diver 300M Commander’s Watches attracted a good deal of attention.
Even in an era where watches seemed to have transformed into something unpalatable and digital, the traditional design and its feel on the wrist are always certain to appeal to those who want a more substantial timepiece. The way the second hand is balanced by the 007 logo on the Seamaster design could make this timepiece seem a little kitsch, but actually what you get is a watch that looks absolutely stunning.
If you’re feeling nostalgic for the next Bond film, you can own a little memento of Britain’s top spy by taking part in Luxe Watches’ Christmas giveaway. The promotion runs until December 15, 2017 and all you need to do is complete their short sign up form during this time to stand a chance of winning the limited edition watch. luxewatches.co.uk
Sponsored Posts are a form of advertising that allows sponsors to share useful news, messages, and offers to aBlogtoWatch readers in a way traditional display advertising is often not best suited to. All Sponsored Posts are subject to editorial guidelines with the intent that they offer readers useful news, promotions, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in Sponsored Posts are those of the advertiser and not necessarily those of aBlogtoWatch or its writers.