For September 2017, the aBlogtoWatch monthly giveaway offers the chance to win a German Laco Münster automatic watch. Sometimes called a flieger, this style of no-nonsense pilot watch is among the most iconic, and Laco can claim a direct historic link to early examples of military flieger watches. Laco was one of the important watch manufactures that provided the German Luftwaffe (air force) with Beobachtungsuhr “B-Uhr” watches during WW2, along with other well-known Swiss and German brands. The reliable legibility of a timepiece was crucial to various aspects of warfare, and the large functional watches produced by Laco and other companies for various military forces at the time were important tools that still reflect the specific use they were made for.
Unlike the sometimes 55mm diameter of the WW2 watches, the Laco Münster is 42mm wide for more modern and civilian wearing needs (funny because vintage-to-modern watches nowadays usually means smaller-to-larger). At 13mm thick with a domed, anti-reflective sapphire crystal, the Laco Münster is water-resistant to 50m and should wear prominently on the wrist. With C3 Super-LumiNova, the dial and heat-blued steel hands will be easy to read in any light against the matte black, textured dial. The Laco Münster’s solid caseback is engraved with the information that would be found on the inside of the caseback on the originals, and the 9 o’clock side of the sandblasted steel case has “FL23883,” just as its historic predecessors did. The riveted brown calf leather strap completes the package. With a Swiss ETA 2824-2 automatic movement inside, the Laco Münster has a retail price of €850, and you can enter for the chance to win one this month by following the instructions below.
To Enter You Must:
1. Comment on this post below (on aBlogtoWatch.com, not Facebook, or elsewhere you might see this article) before the giveaway is over with your valid e-mail address where required (if you’ve signed up for the commenting system before, your e-mail should already be in there). In the body of your comment, mention why you like the Laco Münster and a memorable experience you’ve had involving flying or airplanes.
2. Be a pal. If possible, “Like” or follow any or all of the following:
- Like aBlogtoWatch on Facebook
- Follow aBlogtoWatch on Instagram
- Like Laco on Facebook
- Follow Laco on Instagram
Want aBlogtoWatch articles automatically sent to you via e-mail? Sign up here:
3. Wait until the giveaway is over on September 30, 2017, for the winner to be chosen at random. A couple of basic rules. You can only enter once. You must comment with a valid e-mail address where you can be reached. Your comment must be confirmed and approved. You must complete the objectives to be considered. You are responsible for providing your contact shipping information if you are chosen. Shipping restrictions to non-US entrants may apply based on sponsor’s policies. Giveaway watch selection based on sponsor’s inventory and watch availability. All comments made after the end of the giveaway period will not be considered. If you are chosen as a winner, you then have 24 hours to ensure receipt of your full shipping information or an alternative winner will be chosen. For the full terms and conditions, please click here.
Good luck, and thanks to Laco, sponsor of the Laco Münster watch giveaway here at aBlogtoWatch!