February 2024 is here at last, and while it may be the shortest month of the year there’s still plenty of time to explore new watches for your collection. aBlogtoWatch is here to help, and has teamed up with ROIH to offer one winning commenter an exciting new timepiece that blends classic lines with modern performance and materials. One winning entrant will receive this tough, stylish ROIH Shek-O-Matic dive watch, which offers both handsome ’60s-style skin diver cues and ruggedly contemporary titanium construction.
While the ROIH Shek-O-Matic’s case might seem like a classic early skin diver on the wrist, the brand gives these familiar themes a new twist in matte blasted Grade 2 titanium. Measuring in at 39mm wide, the overall form is clean and strongly vintage-inspired, with squared-off unchamfered lugs, an arcing case side profile, an engraved bare metal rotating bezel insert, and an unguarded screwdown crown at 3 o’clock. This crown adds a bold new visual highlight to the classic formula, thanks to its gold IP finishing. Likewise, the darker, more aggressive matte titanium case material modernizes the design on the wrist without completely sacrificing its vintage charm. These diver-style cues aren’t just for show, either, as the Shek-O-Matic sports a scuba-ready 200 meters of water resistance.
Like the case, the ROIH Shek-O-Matic’s dial may take its cues from the classic divers of the ’60s, but it adds a striking layer of modernity through its finishing and execution. The pointed ladder handset, slim Arabic numerals at 12 o’clock, 6 o’clock, and 9 o’clock, and the trapezoidal 3 o’clock date window are all timeless diver elements, but ROIH elevates these forms with applied hour indices, a raised outer chapter ring, and a richly textured pebbled matte black dial surface. ROIH ties this dial into the case design cleverly with a matching gold IP seconds hand, giving this otherwise utilitarian matte display an appealing pop of luxury.
ROIH powers the Shek-O-Matic with the tried and true Seiko NH35 automatic movement. Featuring durable construction and a dependable 40 hour power reserve, this is a classic, easy-to-service movement that should keep the Shek-O-Matic performing strongly for many years. To complete the vintage-meets-modern look, ROIH fits the watch with a case-matching matte blasted titanium bracelet. With an angular, heavily chamfered take on the ubiquitous three-link oyster pattern, this bracelet should be both light on the wrist and tough enough to withstand the most daunting underwater adventures. The ROIH Shek-O-Matic carries an MSRP of $539 USD.
To Enter You Must:
- Comment on this post below (on aBlogtoWatch.com, not Facebook, or elsewhere you might see this article) before the giveaway is over with your valid e-mail address where required. (If you’ve signed up for the commenting system before, your e-mail should already be in there.) For a chance to win, share in the comments what you would like to see next from the brand.
- Be a pal. If possible, “like” or follow any or all of the following:
- Like aBlogtoWatch on Facebook
- Follow aBlogtoWatch on Instagram
- Sign up for the aBlogtoWatch Newsletter
- Follow ROIH on Instagram
- Wait until the giveaway is over on February 29, 2024 for the winner to be chosen at random. A couple of basic rules. You can only enter once. You must comment with a valid e-mail address where you can be reached. Your comment must be confirmed and approved. You must complete the objectives to be considered. You are responsible for providing your contact shipping information if you are chosen. Shipping restrictions to non-U.S. entrants may apply, based on the sponsor’s policies. Giveaway watch selection based on sponsor’s inventory and watch availability. All comments made after the end of the giveaway period will not be considered. If you are chosen as a winner, you then have 24 hours to ensure receipt of your full shipping information or an alternative winner will be chosen. For the full terms and conditions, please click here.
Good luck, and thanks to ROIH, sponsor of the ROIH Shek-O-Matic watch giveaway on aBlogtoWatch!