On this week’s edition of aBlogtoWatch Weekly, Ariel, Rick, and David spend another delightful hour covering all the latest from the watch world. They go green with a discussion of sustainability efforts in the watch industry (including a drop-in from Oris CEO Rolf Studer), think deep about why people even bother buying luxury watches, and confront the horrible truth behind Rolex’s new titanium behemoth. Plus: another alarming watch theft, an auction house gets eviscerated on social media, and a vintage Seiko that doesn’t quite hold up. You can listen below or on the podcast player of your choice.
- 3:27 Grinding Gears: Is The Luxury Watch Industry Unsustainable & Secretive About It?
- 8:49 ABTW Weekly: The Breitling Super Chronomat Origins And The Brand’s Commitment To A More Sustainable Future
- 10:10 Oris Unveils Waldenburgerbahn Limited-Edition Watch
- 21:09 Ariel’s Thoughts: The Four Styles Of Luxury Watch Buying
- 31:44 Good Week/Bad Week
- 47:05 The First All-Titanium Rolex Watch Is Here: Rolex Deepsea Challenge In RLX Titanium
- 53:12 No Longer Made: Seiko TV Watch From 1982
aBlogtoWatch launched the first ever podcast about watches back in 2010 and continues to be the most referenced and respected publications in the world for watch enthusiasts, buyers, and collectors. Today, in addition to the website and social media channels, aBlogtoWatch produces the SUPERLATIVEinterview podcast as well as aBlogtoWatch Weekly news podcast. The aBlogtoWatch Weekly podcast features the editors of the timepiece enthusiast publication aBlogtoWatch.com, coming together each week to discuss some of the latest industry stories and hottest new releases.
We’d love to hear from you with feedback or suggestions for future show topics or guests. Advertising opportunities are also available. Comment below or contact [email protected].