This week on the aBlogtoWatch Weekly podcast, Ariel, Rick, and David are joined by Alex, a watchmaker and co-founder of the Fifth Wrist website and co-host of its companion podcast. The group wastes no time and starts off with a discussion of the perpetual dissatisfaction of watch enthusiasts by asking whether there’s such thing as an “Exit Watch,” which inevitably evolves into a conversation about the guys’ favorite personal watches and Ariel disclosing that he has so many watches, he forgets he owns some of them. Then, the gang has thoughts on CR7’s Al-Nasser welcome gift, on the Swiss watch industry’s annual financial highlights reel, on Seiko’s (and other brands’) increasing prices, and on JLC’s used watches. There’s also a riveting discussion about car clocks, and Omega’s new Super Racing Speedmaster gets sighed at. Plus, Ariel finally shares the juicy details on his jacket! Listen below or on the player of your choice.
- 2:07 Is Anyone Listening? Watch Enthusiasts Will Never Be 100% Satisfied
- 10:36 Watch News
- 24:34 Last Week, This Week
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Starts Selling Vintage Watches With The Collectibles Program
- Horological car talk on aBlogtoDrive!
- 42:17 Watch Reviews/New Releases