For June 2019, the monthly giveaway here on aBlogtoWatch is a choice of the Detroit Watch Co. 1701 Pontchartrain Great Lakes Edition Diver or Diver GMT watch. Detroit Watch Co. is an American watch brand that honors the city of Detroit, Michigan. The Great Lakes are an enduring symbol of the state of Michigan and the region, making them an ideal inspiration for the latest dive-watch collection from the brand. Since personal taste is so much of what makes watch collecting the passion that it is, the winner of the giveaway will be able to choose between the classic three-hand diver or the GMT diver.
In addition to the watch of the winner’s choosing, a framed drawing of the watch (that Detroit Watch Co. sends with all its watches) will be included.
Both versions of the Detroit Watch Co. 1701 Pontchartrain Great Lakes Edition diver watches — a black or blue dial, along with a combination of blue or black ceramic bezel — come in a 43mm stainless steel case. These can be mixed, so a black dial and blue bezel or vice versa is possible, in addition to black dial/black bezel and blue dial/blue bezel.
For both the classic diver and the GMT, the 43mm-wide case measures 13mm-thick and has a lug-to-lug width of 53mm. They’re both also water resistant to 300 meters and have a helium-release valve at 10 o’clock.
The Detroit Watch Co. 1701 Pontchartrain Great Lakes Edition Diver and Diver GMT watches both have distinct hour and minute hands, all with a healthy application of lume. Speaking of hands, the seconds hands all have the Detroit Watch Co. logo as a counterweight. Since these are serious dive watches, the stainless steel bracelets are also outfitted with extendable deployant clasps.
The three-hand with date diver uses an ETA 2892A2 movement, which operates at 28,800 vph and has a 42-hour power reserve. The GMT uses an ETA 2893-2 movement that also operates at 28,800 vph with a 42-hour power reserve.
The Detroit Watch Co. 1701 Pontchartrain Great Lakes Edition Diver retails for $1,395 and the GMT model retails for $1,495.
To Enter You Must:
1. Comment on this post below (on aBlogtoWatch.com, not Facebook, or elsewhere you might see this article) before the giveaway is over with your valid e-mail address where required. (If you’ve signed up for the commenting system before, your e-mail should already be in there.) For a chance to win, share in the comments with what watch you’d most like to see Detroit Watch Co. make next.
2. Be a pal. If possible, “like” or follow any or all of the following:
- Like aBlogtoWatch on Facebook
- Follow aBlogtoWatch on Instagram
- Follow Detroit Watch Co. on Instagram
3. Wait until the giveaway is over on June 30, 2019, for the winner to be chosen at random. A couple of basic rules. You can only enter once. You must comment with a valid e-mail address where you can be reached. Your comment must be confirmed and approved. You must complete the objectives to be considered. You are responsible for providing your contact shipping information if you are chosen. Shipping restrictions to non-US entrants may apply based on sponsor’s policies. Giveaway watch selection based on sponsor’s inventory and watch availability. All comments made after the end of the giveaway period will not be considered. If you are chosen as a winner, you then have 24 hours to ensure receipt of your full shipping information or an alternative winner will be chosen. For the full terms and conditions, please click here.
Good luck, and thanks to Detroit Watch Co., sponsor of the 1701 Pontchartrain Great Lakes Edition watch giveaway here on aBlogtoWatch!