This week on the aBlogtoWatch Weekly podcast, your favorite horological trio is back together to ring in 2023 with the first episode of Season 2! First and foremost, Rick admits to losing track of Ryan Reynolds. The team talks about recent movies and tries to figure out whether some watches they’ve seen on TV and in movies were paid placements or not, discuss the financial realities of owning a large watch brand, and heap criticism on the idea of buying vintage watches while praising the brands that are choosing to service them. Then, Ariel insists we stop being cute and calling complicated watches “smartwatches,” and the gang identifies the modern uses for chronographs. Plus, friends of the show pick their favorite news and releases from 2022! Listen below or on the player of your choice.Highlights
- 3:05 aBlogtoWatch Weekly Watches Watches: Watch Spotting in Film and TV
- 8:05 What if Sylvester Stallone was perfectly symmetrical?
- 11:55 Horological predictions for 2023
- 16:45 Breitling Valued At $4.5 Billion As Private Equity Owners Sell Controlling Stake | watchpro.com
- 24:00 Pride At Work – Why Some Brands Service Their Vintage Watches And Others Won’t
- 32:40 aBlogtoWatch Guest Column: The Patek Philippe 5207P Is A Smart Watch
- 42:15 Watch Reviews
We’d love to hear from you with feedback or suggestions for future show topics or guests. Comment below or contact [email protected]. Advertising opportunities are also available.